Anyone having surgery at Humber June 20th?

Eragon2015
on 5/27/16 12:05 pm - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Hi. Just wondering if anyone else is having surgery at Humber same day as me. I start Opti on June 6th. 

Carchick28
on 5/29/16 7:34 am - Canada

My surgery is on the 27th but I see we start Opti on the same date.  Only one more week to go.  :-)  Do you have Dr. Hagan?  I could have had surgery earlier but it did not work with my work and kid schedules LOL.  Good Luck

Eragon2015
on 5/29/16 9:42 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

I cannot believe its only a week away. Im trying to plan some favourite dinners in this week. LOL. Surgery will be here before we know it. Do you feel like you are ready for it? Im kinda nervous, but ready. I do have Dr.Hagen. You? He is super nice. Thank you. Good Luck to you as well.

RNY Surgery June 15, 2016 with Dr Hagen

HW 267 CW 193

Carchick28
on 5/29/16 10:29 am - Canada

Yep Dr. Hagan as well.  I have already had most of my favourite meals and I am good with not eating them or a configuration of them for some time.  I feel very satisfied with that part.  Ready, I think you always feel like you are not but I think that most manage to deal with it all.  Were are you from?  I found that going to a support group has been very helpful. 

Eragon2015
on 5/29/16 11:18 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Feel like I'm gonna miss some of my favourite foods after this surgery. But I miss them now to. I've had to go gluten free after my colonoscopy/endoscopy because they finally found out why I've been in so much tummy pain.  I am from Barrie. I know there is a support group here, but ive been so shy to go. where are you from?

RNY Surgery June 15, 2016 with Dr Hagen

HW 267 CW 193

lizz122964
on 5/29/16 11:27 am

where is the support group in Barrie. 

Carchick28
on 5/29/16 11:36 am - Canada

We have a support group that just started in Innisfil at the Eggsmart on Innisfil Beach Road.  We will be meeting again on Tuesday at 7 pm,.  There is also a support group that meets at the Georgian Mall on Wednesday at 7pm, they meet under the escalators in the food court area.   The Innisfil group recently started and we are growing.  We have a lot people either just about to have surgery, some that just had surgery and some that are out 6 months as well as some longer term people.  It really has helped me pick their brains and get ideas on surviving opti, or what to expect etc.  Everyone is welcome at either meeting.  Nothing to be shy about.  They are a great group of people and we all have experienced or are experiencing the same things.   If you come to the Innisfil meeting on Tuesday let me know and I will keep my eyes open for you if you tell me what you are wearing.  :-)  We have a great group of people.   

lizz122964
on 5/29/16 11:42 am

I'd like to come, I'm having my surgery on June 6th with Dr Hagen. It would be nice to have the support. 

Carchick28
on 5/29/16 12:23 pm - Canada

Please do.  Seems like most people I have met lately have DR. Hagan.  You coming to the Innisfil one?  We are at the Coffee Time/Eggsmart on Innisfil Beach Road and we meet at 7pm 

lizz122964
on 5/29/16 12:28 pm

Yes it would be the innisfil location. What is your name, I'm Liz.

Most Active
Recent Topics