The week has finally arrived!

Laura M.
on 5/30/16 5:34 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

Surgery is in FOUR DAYS!!!!  

My surgery is in Ottawa on Friday, Jun 3rd with Dr. Yelle.  I can't believe the week has arrived!  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning!!!  I woke up with butterflies in my stomach this morning and I'm losing my appetite because of it. I've had my shake and will continue to force them down for the next few days since it's almost over. But boy will I be glad to have something other than Opti soon.  

To anyone else having surgery this week, Good Luck!

GP Referral to OBN - Dec 1/15;   Orientation - Feb 11/16;   Intake meeting - Feb 17;  Consultation w/ surgeon - Apr 18;  Start OPTI - May 13; Pre-Admit w/ Anesthetist - May 16; Surgery - Jun 3/16!!!

Teena D.
on 5/30/16 6:27 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good luck!!! I know my turn will be here before I know it but right now it feels like it is in the very distant future.  Can't wait to hear your progress reports!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Laura M.
on 5/30/16 6:32 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

Things will go faster than you think! You've already had orientation so now all of the other appointments will follow (and there are many) so that will break up the wait time. Good luck on your journey!

GP Referral to OBN - Dec 1/15;   Orientation - Feb 11/16;   Intake meeting - Feb 17;  Consultation w/ surgeon - Apr 18;  Start OPTI - May 13; Pre-Admit w/ Anesthetist - May 16; Surgery - Jun 3/16!!!

Akatiti
on 5/30/16 7:46 am - Canada

The wait is long for sure. I used it to slowly make adjustments and I continue to prepare for the trio appointment(which I'm nervous about)

my orientation was September/15 and I saw the Surgeon 2 weeks ago and I have my trio Aug 2. Right after my surgeon appointment before leaving the hospital I booked my appointment wit Dr Glazer ( I was told it's a long wait again) I got Oct 6. 

Last week I got a call from Dr Glazer's office moving up my appointment to July 25.

Hopefully if all goes well with those, I should see the surgeon for a date not too long after that.??

Laura M.
on 5/30/16 8:20 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

The wait times are different for everyone.  My process was very quick (from referral to OBN by GP to surgery is only 6 months). I think it depends on the doctor, how your are moving along, how prepared you are etc.  I had already made many of the necessary changes before my referral.  Now that you have your appointment in July, the rest should move along pretty quickly.  It's a big change so nervousness is normal, but think about how amazing you will feel after!

Akatiti
on 5/30/16 9:23 am - Canada

I think you're right,the wait varies a lot. Yours was very quick, maybe the wait is also much shorter outside Toronto.

thanks for the encouragement ?

ShoshanaRNY
on 5/30/16 7:54 pm
RNY on 11/30/16

My appointment for Dr. Glazer got moved up to the 25 as well. 

lizz122964
on 5/30/16 8:14 am

How exciting for you,I am having mine one week from today. Good luck. 

Laura M.
on 5/30/16 8:18 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

Yay!  How exciting for you!  Good luck!  Which hospital will you be at?

lizz122964
on 5/30/16 8:20 am

I'm having surgery at Humber river in Toronto. 

Most Active
Recent Topics