Incisions

Danna78
on 6/23/16 9:51 pm

Hello everyone 

I have a quick question... But it is something keeping me up at night.   Someone told me that one  of the incisions for surgery goes IN through our belly button.   I have an extremely sensitive belly button,  where even the thought of it gives me a cramp and touching it causes me to get a weird crampy pull sensation from my belly button to my lady bits.   I am now so very stressed out about it! 

IS there anyone who had their surgery done in Ottawa specifically that can confirm or deny if one of the incisions is indeed in our belly buttons or is it above or below? 

Thanks 

BluIzGal
on 6/24/16 2:22 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Didn't have mine done in Ottawa but the closest incision to my belly button was about 4 inches above it. 

Ginnny
on 6/24/16 4:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I was at TWH, and the incision was above my belly button too.

Herecomeshealth
on 6/24/16 4:30 am

My RNY incisions are not in my belly button. I had a hysterectomy recently and one of those incisions is. Anatomically I think the stomach is far enough away that the belly button is an unlikely site. That being said I am not a Df. I will also say that none of my incisions are sensitive to touch. If you are really worried ask at your next appointment or ask you GP.

hope this helps

Leslie W.
on 6/24/16 5:26 am - Cobourg, Canada

Above bellybutton

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Catw
on 6/24/16 5:26 am - Arnprior, Canada

I'm from Ottawa.  I had RNY 5 years ago (June 27th), and 8 years ago I had gallbladder surgery.  None of my incisions are in my belly button.  When you talk to your surgeon, he can tell you basically where the incisions will be.  Mine are a couple inches under my breast line for my RNY.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/16 6:53 am
VSG on 07/27/16

I am not sure what procedure you're having but for VSG the incision is around the belly button, not in it.  I have seen it mostly to the right of it (I have been watching a lot of videos, lol).

Akatiti
on 6/24/16 6:58 am - Canada

I'm still preop. From my research and my understanding the VSG surgery is the one that the stomach is removed from the  belly button not the RNY. Those incisions are above and below.

please correct me if I'm wrong

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/16 8:04 am
VSG on 07/27/16

The excess stomach is removed from an incision beside the belly button - at least in the 5 videos on youtube I watched.

lammytee14
on 6/24/16 7:01 am

I had mine in Ottawa in March 2015 and not in bellybutton. Incisions are above waistline...I'm shorter than most so it may be higher up on the taller folks. The surgeon will be able to show you when you have your appointment.

Good luck!

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics