What are you eating/doing Wednesday?

Ginnny
on 6/29/16 4:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hello everyone,

Technically its "Thursday"  one more day to the weekend, YAHOO!

Nothing much going on today, other than the usual work routine.

Did a couple of good long walks yesterday, just over 7 kms, burned up most of the calories I took in, if you can believe the little fitness gadgets!

11 weeks post-op (almost 3 mos, holy crap where does the time go?)

B - 1/4 cup vector granola with Source yogurt

S - devilled eggs

L - 3 oz garlic ginger beef strips, cucumber slices

S - deli turkey

D - 3 oz spicy thai chicken boobs

S - 30 g old cheddar on 4 triscuits

Cal - 816, carbs 38, protein 89

Have a great day everyone.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 6/29/16 8:36 am

Good morning Ginny.  Looks like it's just us posting the past few day, lol.  Oh well, promised Pat we would keep the thread going.  Over 7 kms is amazing.  I really don't believe my fitbit when it tells me how many calories I've burned.  If it was correct I'd be skin and bones.

Today I have been swimming and have done yoga.  Later this evening I will go to the gym.  Going out with DH for lunch.  Loving the weather today.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

new_me180
on 6/29/16 9:31 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Ha ha CC. The faithful two, you and Ginny. Hope all is well and Happy walking G. I on the other hand had a terrible end to the evening yesterday. My sister wanted to go to Bulk Barn yesterday to get some of the Sirachia Cashew nuts. These are quite good and have had them before. I decided to try some of the nut mix and asked to have a sample. It was the one with Cashew, Almonds, Walnuts and Brazil nuts, they were good, but not good to buy a whole bunch. Fast forward 2 hrs later whilst i was at the gym, i got super itchy and i thought it was just the sweat until i looked at my arms and was breaking in hives. My thighs were on fire and my eye got itchy and red. I must be allergic to the Brazil nuts because i eat the other ones with no problem. Got some Benadryl and the hives resolved, but i still have itching today and my tummy feels a bit iffy and nauseous.

Well after all that, no plans for today. Going to work for a couple of hrs, then the gym later for boxing.

2 1/2 yrs post op

B - 3oz salmon (wel it was the head and i guess after i sucked all the juices and marrow it came up to 2-3oz, who knows), 1/3 cup bean sprouts

L - 1/2 cup tuna, 1/3 cup cucumbers

S - 

D - 1 egg omelette, 2 slices bacon, 1/8 cup mushrooms

S - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tbsp pb, 2 tbsp protein powder

Calories are only around 613, so i might add another protein snack later on

Have a great day all, Nia

Ginnny
on 6/29/16 9:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I don't believe it either CC.

And that's awful Nia, glad the hives have calmed down, and hope you feel 100% better real soon.

crqvingchange
on 6/29/16 10:52 am

Nia I want you to have your doc check you for different nut allergies.  You can develop an allergy even in adulthood that can be life threatening.  DH has family members that developed a walnut allergy in their 30's.  

As for fish head sucking, you and my FIL can enjoy that all to yourself, lol.  Mind you, in my youth I did eat beef bone marrow.  I hear it is coming back in fashion but you have to pay a small fortune for it in a restaurant and eat it with a tiny spoon, hehe.  Come to think of it, anything you eat in a restaurant with a tiny spoon is expensive.  Apparently sucking the heads of crayfish is a delicacy.  Just give me good old run of the mill lobster tail with melted butter, nothing fancy for this girl ROFLMAO.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 6/29/16 11:55 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

CC and Nia, honestly  I'm gonna stop posting if I have to read about this sort of stuff!! LOL

new_me180
on 6/29/16 2:53 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I will go have it checked out CC. I never in my lifetime thought i'd have a nut allergy as i've eaten them from childhood.

You should try the head CC and Ginny. The eyes just pop in your mouth, mmm. I don't discriminate either, all heads are free game including chicken and their feet.

Ginnny
on 6/30/16 4:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I just puked a little in my mouth! STOP IT!! 

canadianmommyof2
on 6/29/16 12:05 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your allergic reaction. Hope you're feeling better now!

Just wondering is it ok to eat cashews and nuts? Are they high in protein? I thought that they were fatty? If they're ok, I would love to try the siracha cashews too.

Thanks,

Jen

crqvingchange
on 6/29/16 12:59 pm

You're only 3 months post op, so I would be careful with nuts.  Nuts are very high in calories, and right now you need to focus on getting in protein because you are only eating a small amount of food.  Sorry but not a lot of protein in nuts.  They are a good source of healthy fats, but I would still limit them.  That's just my opinion, every Centre has different guidelines.

Most Active
Recent Topics