Today's my 2 year surgiversary

crqvingchange
on 7/17/16 5:13 pm

MonaLisaSmile and I share the same surgiversary.  

I am posting this mostly for newbies and those considering surgery.

Today I did a high intensity Zumba workout, and then I went to the music festival to listen to some great live music.  Two years ago none of that would have happened.  I used to park as close as possible to the door of where I was going, because walking hurt.  I lumbered, now I have a spring in my step and I walk faster and stronger.  Today I sat in a foldout camping chair.  I would not have done that pre-op because I would have been afraid of breaking the chair.  Now I don't like to sit for too long because I am full of energy and want to move.

Life is different. Life is better.  I am the lowest weight I have been in over 30 years, but having said that, I don't want the scale to determine my success.  For me, my success comes from the ease of movement, the feeling of strength, seeing my body adjust and seeing muscle definition, not being controlled by food.

I have new addictions like, exercise, clothes and definitely coffee.  Plain water hurts my pouch, so I always have water enhancer in my purse.  

The vets on OH warn that after 2 years post-op the real work begins, and I believe them.  Bounceback weight scares the hell out of me.  I track my food everyday on My Fitness Pal.  I try to make good food choices daily and for the most part I don't stray, but there have been the occasional weak moments.

Right now my medical support team are trying to figure out some WLS related complications, but I am hopeful that these are just minor bumps in the road.

I am grateful for my WLS. I am grateful for the support on OH, in particular all of the vets that have helped my pre and post surgery.  Their advice and guidance has been invaluable.  They generously share their experience with us because they want to pay it forward. I am grateful to the new friends that I have met through OH in real life.  I feel I have made some lifelong friends.  But most of all, I am grateful for the wonderful support that my DH has shown me, I love this man more than words could ever say.

Thanks for reading.  I wish you all success in your journey.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

new_me180
on 7/17/16 5:59 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Beautifully said CC. So glad you have the energy and joy to do so much more. Here is to many more years of success and hope your complications are just a bump in the road and nothing major. Best wishes.

~ Nia

crqvingchange
on 7/18/16 7:57 am

Thanks Nia.  We have to do another coffee date.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Patm
on 7/17/16 6:30 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. Hope they find a cure to your problems. I wish you continued sucess

crqvingchange
on 7/18/16 8:05 am

Thank you Pat.  You have been there to give me advice since the beginning and I am always so grateful.

birdiegirl
on 7/17/16 6:40 pm

Wonderful  post!  You have done great, but I am not surprised.   You knew this was your last chance and you ran with it.

I also know, that you will do well in maintenance.   You are AWARE.   

Hope things get straightened out for you soon.

crqvingchange
on 7/18/16 8:01 am

Thanks Barb.  You are one of the vets that has always been so helpful and generous with your time.  I think I didn't post so many questions in the beginning because I did my research on OH and knew what to expect at all phases and what were common issues.  It saved me from freaking out every time something would happen, lol.

Monica9811
on 7/18/16 5:42 am - Peterborough, Canada

CC I have always enjoyed your posts. You are one of those people who I believe will be successful because you get it. I hope they resolve your medical issues for you. I've been very lucky to not have any complications except for low iron. All the best!

crqvingchange
on 7/18/16 8:04 am

Thank you Monica.  I enjoy reading your posts as well. Even though you do not post as frequently, I know that you are keeping an eye on me because you will press the like button on my posts.

NewMe2.0
on 7/18/16 6:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Congratulations my friend!  I know how very hard you have worked to get to where you are today.  You are definitely an inspiration.     

I am so proud of you. 

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Most Active
Recent Topics