It's All Starting :)

inkedgirl73
on 7/21/16 12:49 pm - Canada

I had my orientation at HRRH Dec 10.  I finally had my first surgeon appointment with Dr Huynh last week (what a lovely man!!!) and I have an appointment on Monday July 25 with Dr Glazer. I have my trios booked for October 4th, but I asked to go on a cancellation list and hopefully i can get those bumped up. I am sooooo incredibly excited that this is all moving along now!  Now a question about the cancellation list.....should I keep calling each week to see if there are cancellations or just leave them to call me if something comes up?  I don't want to be a pain, lol!  I am hoping, if all goes well, that maybe I will have surgery around December-ish (or earlier would be great too!)

TIA!!

Catherine

White Dove
on 7/21/16 1:04 pm - Warren, OH

They will call you if they have a cancelation and it is your turn to be called.  You are not the only person on the cancellation list.  They will  keep calling the people on the list until they fill the slot.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

inkedgirl73
on 7/22/16 9:22 am - Canada

yes, thank you...I understand I am not the only person on the cancellations list.  I asked the question because from reading what some others had done (was to call weekly) I wanted to see if patients from HRRH had done the same or just put their name on the list and waited.

orientation HRRH - Dec 10/16, Surgeon Dr Huynh - July 14/16, Dr Glazer - July 25/16, Trios - July 28/16, Surgery date - Sept 23/16

HW- 254

Lovely_Caprice
on 7/21/16 2:01 pm

Congratulations!  It will happen quicker than you think.  I would let them call you.  If you annoy them by calling them everyweek - they might just move you at the bottom of the list.  Good Luck.

misskellyk
on 7/22/16 9:27 am

Hi! I had my orientation at HRRH in January and finally got a call to meet Dr. Hagen in early August. What can I expect from that first appointment? Like you, I'm very excited to get the ball rolling! 

Kelly

inkedgirl73
on 7/22/16 9:34 am - Canada

the send you for blood work (10 vials!) but it's non fasting, so you can eat normally prior.  I had to wait over an hour past my appointment and I believe that is typical.  I spoke with the surgeon about 10 minutes regarding my history, he checks your bmi, asks some general questions about your health.  He offered the medical program, which he says he offers to everyone.  that's it!  Then you go back to reception and they give you a date for the trio appointments (ask to go on a cancellation list if you want to try to get them sooner) and they gave me a referral paper to call dr glazer, the internist, to make an appointment with him.  that is it!  I know, it's exciting now!  Where about do you live?

Catherine

orientation HRRH - Dec 10/16, Surgeon Dr Huynh - July 14/16, Dr Glazer - July 25/16, Trios - July 28/16, Surgery date - Sept 23/16

HW- 254

misskellyk
on 7/22/16 10:06 am

Aww thanks for all the info! I'm a couple hours north of Toronto! Yourself? 

inkedgirl73
on 7/22/16 12:50 pm - Canada

I'm just a bit north of Barrie....Elmvale area :) 

HW- 254

misskellyk
on 7/22/16 4:22 pm

I know the area well!

Katiegirl83
on 7/22/16 11:14 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 12/19/16

Hi Catherine!  Congrats!  The ball has started rolling for me as well.  This whole process has been a lengthy one but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Orientation HRRH: October 27, 2015   Dr. Hagen (Surgeon): July 11, 2016   Trio: September 13, 2016   Dr. Glazer: October 7, 2016    Dr. Hagen: October 11, 2016   Surgery date HRRH: December 19, 2016

Most Active
Recent Topics