Got my surgery date today

LeslieT3440
on 7/22/16 2:09 pm - Mississauga, Canada

OMG I had my surgeon appointment today. I went very good BUT I was given a surgery date allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way into November 25th :-) such a bummer I was soooooooooooooo expecting sometime in September based on the recent posts lol. I am going through TWH and recent posts from appointments on July 15th they got September dates. I have requested to be put on the cancellation wait list but still lol I had my orientation in April 2015 so you can imagine how long this seems to me. OMG 4 more months seems so long away but i'm sure it will pass by quickly. oh just wanted to vent I am still happy to have a date but but but.  Good things are worth waiting on. :-)     

leeann73
on 7/22/16 5:19 pm

The amazing thing is that you will be well on your way starting a new year with a new healthy outlook. Hang in there. 

LeslieT3440
on 7/22/16 6:35 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Leeann thanks for the positive note. I am still happy to have date and am going to contact my center to see if there are any cancellations etc.  

wiccandove
on 7/22/16 7:55 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

It will seem sooner then 4 months because you have to do opti beforehand :P Grats on the date - honestly it will be here before you know it!

sneezy6145
on 7/23/16 3:06 am

Congratulations on your date! Trust me, the time will fly by. 

IamBettyCooper
on 7/23/16 8:35 am

It was almost 3 months from surgeon appt to my surgery date ... it did come up way faster than I expected.

TWH ... Referral April 2015 ... Orientation July 2015 ... Psych Sept 2015 ... Social Worker Oct 2015 ... Nurse Practitioner Dec 2015 ... Nutrition Class Jan 2016 ... Nutritionist Feb 2016 ... Surgeon Appt April 2016 ... VGS Surgery July 2016

HW 294.2 SW 271 CW 183.1

Patm
on 7/25/16 6:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck. I have added you to the surgery list

LeslieT3440
on 7/25/16 3:28 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Thank

EvaWantsChange
on 7/28/16 8:58 am - mississauga, Canada

Hi there ... 

Congratulations. . My surgeon appt was July 22nd n I got a surgery date for Dec 5th 2016 I'm so upset as I have other plans at that time. I'm also at Toronto Western Hospital n also on cancellation list as that's not gonna work for me for other reasons. 

I'm very persistent so this date will be changed soon for me. Good luck n start exercising... 

LeslieT3440
on 7/28/16 3:56 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I called yesterday and was told that I am on the cancellation list and will be called if a sooner date comes up. I am not so sure how calling to often is going to help :-) the nurse how does the surgery bookings told me they are looking at having additional surgery dates opening up but is not sure when that will happen but assures me if a sooner date comes up she will let me know. Oh I am hoping. :-) if not then November 2th it will be.

Best wishes and good luck 

Most Active
Recent Topics