I Have a Date!!!

inkedgirl73
on 7/29/16 10:57 am - Canada

Well....everything has gone a super crazy speed....went through the trios yesterday at HRRH and passed with flying colours!  After I got home from the hospital I received a call from my surgeons office with a surgery date!  She wanted me to have it Sept 1, but I asked if she had a later date, I want to have my kids all settled in at school. So.......drum roll pls......SURGERY IS SEPT 23!!!  

I am excited,

I am petrified as well (but more excited)

I can't wait for this new chapter of a healthier life 

Catherine

orientation HRRH - Dec 10/16, Surgeon Dr Huynh - July 14/16, Dr Glazer - July 25/16, Trios - July 28/16, Surgery date - Sept 23/16

HW- 254

inkedgirl73
on 7/29/16 10:58 am - Canada

oh ya....anyone else having surgery at HRRH on Sept 23????

orientation HRRH - Dec 10/16, Surgeon Dr Huynh - July 14/16, Dr Glazer - July 25/16, Trios - July 28/16, Surgery date - Sept 23/16

HW- 254

Lovely_Caprice
on 7/29/16 11:48 am

I am on 9 September in Ottawa.  It is starting to feel so real!!! I know this is a good decision however, still a scary.  Good Luck I'm sure you will do just fine.

Akatiti
on 7/29/16 11:49 am - Canada

???????? 

that's awesome!'

Pina
on 7/29/16 1:51 pm

I have my trios appts next Thursday at HRRH so hopefully I will be there with you. 

inkedgirl73
on 7/30/16 7:00 am - Canada

Awesome! Who is your surgeon!

HW- 254

Pina
on 8/1/16 4:58 pm

My surgeon is Dr. Starr; I have heard good thing about him so I hope all goes well.  Would love to know more about the questions you were asked in your trios appts....

inkedgirl73
on 8/2/16 11:04 am - Canada

ok...the dietician she really wants you to tell her why you struggle with weight...bad habits. Wants to know changes you have made and will continue to make. you have to describe the surgery and know what they are going to do to you.  know what some complications can be (understand that with any surgery death can be a factor.) you need to know what vitamins you will require and how much.  she asks you to tell her the food phases after surgery, how long for each and give examples of the kinds of foods you can eat. you really need to study the book they gave you at orientation. social worker - wants to make sure you have people around you who are positive and supportive, that you can afford the purchase the vitamins after surgery and as well as the optifast. Wants to make sure you are mentally really for a lifetime change.

nurse - easy...takes blood pressure and goes over all the vitamins, optifast etc.\

good luck and let me know how you did :) 

HW- 254

Pina
on 8/2/16 2:19 pm

Thank you so much for the information; I will definitely make sure I am prepared to answer questions in those areas.  I will let you know how it goes. 

Akatiti
on 8/1/16 6:51 pm - Canada

My appts are tomorrow, it would've been nice to meet you 

Most Active
Recent Topics