Opti while at work

thisgirl
on 8/22/16 8:55 pm

I'm meeting with the surgeon finally in a few weeks and will be picking up opti to have on hand for pre surgery.  I've read most blend opti with flavors and ice but how did you do it while at work?

(surgery - Nov 4)

SkottiRNY
on 8/23/16 3:17 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 07/07/15

Hey thisgirl!

For me, I needed to have Opti ice cold. I didn't blend it with ice, but when I made it, I put it in the freezer. So for work, the days that I didn't have access to a fridge/freezer, I made sure it was in the freezer overnight, and put it in a thermos when I went to work. That way, it kept cold enough for me. 

When there's a will, there's a way.  :)

Good luck!

Cheers,

Skotti 

"Not every day is Fantastic, but at least I have the opportunity to live every day." ~ Skotti RNY

My YouTube Channel

HW: 419 lbs August 2014  - SW: 340 lbs - GW: 219 lbs 

RNY July 7, 2015

thisgirl
on 8/23/16 4:09 am

Thanks so much. I guess that is more what I should have asked. Can it be made in advance of drinking it. I know some shakes you have to drink right away. ?

(surgery - Nov 4)

Leslie W.
on 8/23/16 4:58 am - Cobourg, Canada

I would make it up in am. Blend it with lots of ice then add extra ice to container so would stay really cold. The Bullet is really small and travels well. Do you have access to ice at work? If so just bring your bullet and store in locker

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Meggles07
on 8/23/16 5:22 am - Canada

I never blended my opti, I just used cold water and a few ice cubes. I would bring the dry packets with me and mix it just before I drank it. I didn't mind the chocolate plain, but I added red raspberry sf torani to the vanilla. I think it tasted like a viva puff cookie ;) 

If you find them too sweet you can also mix with extra water. This helps with your hydration as well!!

Meg

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/16 3:48 pm

Where can I find Torani flavours? 

Meggles07
on 8/28/16 4:09 pm - Canada

There's two specialty coffee stores near me that I have bought them from. They are stores that sell coffee makers, coffee pods, etc. I have also ordered some of the sf davinci syrups online from Lowcarbcanada.

Catw
on 8/23/16 6:26 am - Arnprior, Canada

I divided my day up as even as I could.  Had a shake going into work, would wash my shaker and filled it up with water and put it in the fridge. Then it was cold enough by the time I needed my next shake.  Did that again, and then had a shake at home.  I didn't use ice, but the cold water from the fridge was fine for me.  I had only chocolate, and never added anything to it.

Cathy

Carchick28
on 8/23/16 8:17 am - Canada

I just brought the packets with me to work with my shaker cup and I had a bag of ice in the freezer at work and just mixed it up and added the ice. worked perfectly

Insert Fitness
on 8/23/16 11:12 am

I'm only on day 6 of Opti, i've used a blender when convenient. But when i am out and about, i just add it to my water bottle, shake and go. As for flavourings, everyone has their favourite, but mine is adding a bit of instant decaf coffee to the chocolate ones, to cut the sweetness in the morning. And for the vanilla, i bought strawberry banana crystal light, and pineapple coconut. But are strong enough flavours to cut the chalkiness of the vanilla. 

But some people are fine drinking them plain. I am too, i just like to use the flavourings to change things up. 

I also thought i wouldnt bother with the broth, but turns out it's huge for me. its gives you something warm to have, and breaks up the sweetness of the shakes. I just bought a 1 litre organic veggie broth.

Most Active
Recent Topics