What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

Zizzler
on 8/22/16 11:12 pm

Good morning everyone!  How is everyone doing?  Its been a while, been busy with life but doing well overall. Woke up in the middle of the night feeling off - weak, light-headed.  Weighed myself for the first time in months and I'm at 147, up 3 pounds from my lowest weight of 144.  I could feel it in my clothing and now its confirmed.  Had my 2 year surgiverary last week, so I know that this is a dangerous time to regain weight.  And boy can I eat more now, I need to be careful not to drink my calories so that I can make sure I stay full with what I eat.  Lately my nemesis is a small dairy queen dipped cone, wish I had never tried one of those freaking things again, and I am certain that they are behind my gain.  Omg it is so much harder now to stay on track when it takes more food to fill me up, I am a little scared, not sure I can do it long term.  I feel like I am not much different from pre-surgery in what I can eat!  I am more active than ever, hot yoga 4 times a week (5 hours), volleyball 2-3 times a week (4-6 hours), elliptical (2 hours), plus lots of walking, not sure if the extra exercise might be causing my hunger to be more intense?  I have begun drinking coke zero more regularly, I wonder if that is triggering cravings.

2 years (!) post op

b - 9 thin slices of lean salami, 1 cup plain greek yogurt with sf mango peach water enhancer added

s - decaf coffee with a premier protein shake added as a creamer

l - 1 slice betty light bread (5 carbs) with 1 tsp margarine and old cheddar slices in it, 2 multicolour baby carrots, later...coke zero

s - cucumber slices with old cheddar

d - shirataki noodles with tomato tuna sauce, parmesan cheese, cucumber slices

s - more of dinner if I get hungry

all water and vitamins, have a nice day everyone!

Teena D.
on 8/23/16 3:51 am, edited 8/22/16 8:53 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning! AMAW-C went well for day 1- I'm down 3 lbs! 

Today I have a protein shake and 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast

some cold cut meat for a snack

leftover pork roast for lunch 

I'm not sure what supper will be. Its either fi**** ground chicken with Tex next seasoning. 

I'm doing the 5 day meet challenge with the RNY group  Just to see if it helps me to eat better and get the carbs under control  

Good luck Zizzler- at least you're aware and can nip it in the bud  

Have a great day everyone. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Ginnny
on 8/23/16 3:59 am, edited 8/22/16 11:47 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning!  Welcome back Z!  Definitely be staying away from the ice cream! That can't be good for you! Make the changes now to get those 3 lbs off before it turns into 6 or more.

Not much on the go today, hubby has to do an overnighter to Quebec so I'm on my own this evening.

4 mos, 3 weeks post op

B - 2 large eggs scrambled, with a cheese slice

S - Source Greek yogurt

L - 2.2 oz homemade chicken salad, 4 ****tail tomatoes

S - 4 slices deli turkey, 10 cubes Colby Monterey Jack cheese

D - chicken sausage, broccoli/cauliflower in cheese sauce

Have a great day.

Edited because I forgot my totals!!

Cal 900, Carbs 34, protein 84

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

birdiegirl
on 8/23/16 4:14 am

Hi Zizzler

DENSE PROTEIN.   I have said this before.   You will struggle forever if you don't make this the mainstay of your diet.

Zizzler
on 8/23/16 4:48 am

Thanks for the reminder :0).  I need to shift my thinking for sure, it's the toughest part.  What's tough is I am not the biggest fan of meat, I was a vegetarian for many years. Think I'll make some meat rolls and freeze them for lunches.  I have been eating out too much, so much temptation! How is it going with you?  You in Florida?

birdiegirl
on 8/23/16 5:04 am

Also, really watch the sugary tasting drinks and food.  It can make you crave more sugar taste.  Only YOU know if this is a problem for you.   

The really tough work is now and for the rest of your life.  Maintaining is a CHOICE.   It won't be magic anymore.  Just a daily struggle of choices.  You have to be determined to win the long term battle against obesity.  

Zizzler
on 8/23/16 7:09 am

I am concerned about regain and determined to stay at a healthy weight, I just hope that it works!  It's true it was like magic...

birdiegirl
on 8/23/16 4:45 am

RNY 7 Years 4 Months Post Op 

Morning 

A few fun things on the go today but otherwise just looking after my guests.   They have requested a pasta dish for dinner.  I rarely eat this as its too carby and unsatisfying for me.  I have a cup in my totals which is unlikely.   Will grill a sausage separately for me and just add a couple of tortellini and veg.

STEPS :   forgot to check the total 

EATS 

B  -  2 large eggs scrambled 

L  -  90 grams of smoked trout

S -  Half a toasted tomato sandwich 

D  -  1 cup of cheese tortellini with sausage, veg in olive oil 

Half cup of sweet kale salad 

S  -  oikos greek yogurt 

Half cup of fresh wild blueberries 

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are :   Calories  -  1,421,  Carbs  -  107  Grams,   Protein  -  80 Grams 

All water and vits 

Have a great one   

Meggles07
on 8/23/16 5:19 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I went grocery shopping on the weekend and did a good job of just buying protein items, so I'm hoping this will be a good week.

We have another contractor coming today to give an estimate on the bathroom. I really liked the guy yesterday. The price is a bit hard to swallow but I feel it will be worth it to have a dream bathroom. Almost everything in our current bathroom is broken - sink (stopper doesn't work), toilet (leaks), bathtub (chipped, rusted, taps leak), cabinet (handle broken), light (only two of three lights work), floor (grout is chipping badly and tiles are broken). It was like this when we bought it (1.5 years now) and we knew we would make changes. 

Breakfast - protein pop

Snack - egg, yogurt

Lunch - chicken sausage, veg

Snack - steak

Snack - carrots, pb

Dinner - burgers, no bun

Snack - protein soft serve if I'm hungry

All water and vits.

Zizzler
on 8/23/16 7:06 am

Thanks for reminder re protein soft serve, I can use it to replace dipped cone if craving becomes too much.

Most Active
Recent Topics