Surgeon appt ottawa

thisgirl
on 8/24/16 5:25 pm

What should I expect. I'm meeting with Dr Mamaza. Does this mean he'll do the surgery too?

(surgery - Nov 4)

peacebypiece
on 8/24/16 6:26 pm

Hi there: I had surgery in Ottawa almost 6 months ago. Meeting with surgeon quite quick..reviews surgery again, has you sign consents, makes sure all tests/data they need they have. They say that you might not get the surgeon you meet with but I met with Dr. Yelle and he was the one who did my surgery.

DecimaXXI
on 8/24/16 6:51 pm
RNY on 09/21/16

Congratulations!  I went to The Civic for my surgeon meeting and met with Dr. Kolozsvari on July 27 but when they called me a week later with my surgery date they said Dr. Mamazza would be performing the procedure for me on September 21.  During my meeting with Dr Kolozsvari we discussed removing my gall bladder since I have had past issues with it. When the scheduler (I think her name was Alana) called, she mentioned that due to the gallbladder removal being added, we would need to schedule surgery with Dr Mamazza on a Monday or Wednesday. Dr Kolozsvari did make it clear during our surgical consult, while I was signing the releases, that the bariatric surgeons work together as a group and just because we were meeting together didn't necessarily mean she would be performing the surgery. 

My hunch is that because the surgery has a further layer of difficulty with the added gallbladder removal I was moved to Dr Mamazza. I checked out a video on YouTube which shows some of his work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFDBqd0Kuys

Anyway, I'm happy as a clam to have him perform the surgery.  His experience is pretty amazing.

Good luck at your appointment!!

HW - 307 (Dec 2002), SW - 249 (Aug 2016), RNY - TOH - Referral February 7, 2016, Orientation April 15, 2016, NUT April 29, Dr Exam May 20, NUT Education Class May 25, NUT June 6, NUT July 6, Meet Surgeon July 27, Surgery Dr Mamazza September 21, 2016.                                                         

thisgirl
on 8/24/16 7:15 pm

Thanks so much!!!

(surgery - Nov 4)

DecimaXXI
on 8/25/16 5:35 am
RNY on 09/21/16

Hey!

I noticed your Orientation date and mine were the same on April 15, are you going through BMI Medical?  If so, one of the things I did while at my surgical appointment at The Civic was to ask the receptionists if I could get a printed hard copy of "Your Meal Planner After Bariatric Surgery".  I received an electronic copy from my nutritionist but I like making notes so having the hard copy has been great.  They also gave me a copy of "Your Guide to: MIS Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery". 

Cheers!

HW - 307 (Dec 2002), SW - 249 (Aug 2016), RNY - TOH - Referral February 7, 2016, Orientation April 15, 2016, NUT April 29, Dr Exam May 20, NUT Education Class May 25, NUT June 6, NUT July 6, Meet Surgeon July 27, Surgery Dr Mamazza September 21, 2016.                                                         

thisgirl
on 8/25/16 5:54 am

Oh awesome. Thanks. Wow, you went through quite fast. I got slowed down by h. Pylori unfortunately. Yay you, less than  a month!!

(surgery - Nov 4)

Most Active
Recent Topics