2 days post op

T. drouillard
on 8/28/16 2:09 pm - windsor, Canada

Hey everyone I had my rny done on Friday August 26th, I've been having a lot of pain but other then that I'm doing good , I'm home and working on my walking and drinking , I'm kinda of shocked because I was expecting to carry out the same excitement and joy I had going into this surgery and now I'm feeling kind of blue... I hope this passes once the pain eases down and I can finally move about.... 

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/16 3:25 pm

I haven't had surgery, but I've read that you're probably feeling the normal way after surgery.  It gets better as each day passes. Sip, walk, sip, walk.  

Congrats on your surgery and getting home.  Take it easy.  Rest too.  Hope you have a speedy recovery!!  

hang in there!! 

LeslieT3440
on 8/28/16 4:00 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Congrats, happy to hear all went well. Sorry your feeling blue. This feeling will pass as you heal and become stronger. It is quite normal to eel the blues after any surgery. Its all the drugs and pain and discomfort, before you know it you will be back to yourself and enjoying watching the pounds fall off. I hope you feel better soon and wish you a speedy recovery.

RNY - TWH - Orientation April 2015,  SW July 2015, NP Sept 2015, NUT class November 2015, NUT & Psych January 2016, 2nd NUT April 2016, Meet the Surgeon July 2016, Surgery October 4th 2016

MonaLisaSmile
on 8/28/16 7:51 pm - Canada

This process is a bit of an emotional Rollercoaster for sure.   You have been through a lot of change.....and you still have a lot of change ahead.  It's hard, but once you start to feel better and more confident in your routine......and you start to see some physical changes ..,it's all worth it.  Hang in there.  It gets better everyday day.

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

sneezy6145
on 8/29/16 4:35 pm

I'm happy you are on the mend. I suffered horrible depression after surgery. My 9 year old son would comfort me. I hadn't heard that was normal, just thought it was me. This Wednesday will be 7 weeks and I feel better. I don't think I am 100% but about to go back to work, next week and I think that will help. I feel for you, if you want someone to talk to, message me and I'll give you my number.  

T. drouillard
on 8/29/16 4:59 pm - windsor, Canada

Thanks so much xox u guys are so awesome on this site ! 

T. drouillard
on 8/29/16 4:59 pm, edited 8/29/16 10:00 am - windsor, Canada

Thank you all very much for ur words of encouragement! Today I feel a whole lot better I finally got to see my kids after being away from them for 3 days and it really helped my emotional state , I'm actually eating today and doing decent on my water goal that twh gave me . I'm felling better not 100% up to speed yet but I'm hoping by the end of the week to be able to pick up some slack around the house since my husband goes back to work next Tuesday, I took a big hit to the stomach today by my 1 year old .. that hurt so bad lol I wish he were old enough to understand that he needa to be gentle.. over all I'm in a much better mood and feeling good :)

Most Active
Recent Topics