weight loss even real?

breuxo
on 9/26/16 1:22 pm

surgery was the 22nd, still in pain having troubles with shakes and water. 

before optifast i was 247

day before surgery i was 240

today i'm 231, seems like the scale can't be correct 

am i going to have a regain? worried seems like to much to loose that fast 

referred mid Jan, info session feb 29th, nurse April 25th, nut class may 3rd, Doctor may 10th, social worker may 12th, dietician & sw July 11th, Doctor July 19, surgical education class August 22, meet the surgeon August 31, surgery September 22/16

Patm
on 9/27/16 6:55 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Relax. You will lose fast at the beginning. At week 3 you will have a stall and then start losing again. So long as you follow your centres plan you will be fine. The weight will come off slower the longer out you are from sugery

Catw
on 9/27/16 10:13 am - Arnprior, Canada

It looks like you were a light looser on Opti (everyone varies).  So you'll lose more post surgery than some.  If you think about it, when you start any diet, the first week is a big loss (usually water weight).  But right now, it's also that your body isn't getting the calorie intake it's used to so it's taking some of your stores.  As was said, at week 3, your body needs time to catch up to the new plan.  So you'll stall.  But just follow the rules, and you'll do well on your journey (a journey, not a sprint).

Don't worry if you see the scale go up a pound or two once in a while.  (And don't weigh in every day, it can drive you nuts).  Sometimes going up means T.O.M., water retention (watch sodium), time of day, or just haven't had a BM that day.  Nothing to worry about.

One thing to do (if you haven't already) is to take measurements of your body.  Then when the scale doesn't move, you may see the tape measure moving.  (Muscle growth vs fat loss; muscle is more dense than fat).

I wish you well on your journey,

Cathy

sneezy6145
on 9/27/16 6:28 pm

I lost 23 pounds in my first 2 weeks after surgery. I cried (happy tears) cause I did expect that much. I do believe a lot of weight loss (in the beginning) is water weight, but that's just my guess. I don't own a scale so it's been awhile since I've been weighed but I can now take off my jeans without unbuttoned them. 

Congratulations on your weight loss!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics