What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

crqvingchange
on 9/28/16 2:23 am

Good morning everyone.  DH and I went to see a movie last night (cheap Tuesday).   Gotta love cheap date night.

I think they are calling for rain today, so I will be running some errands and then chores around the house, more paperwork.  I can't believe we are only a week and a half away from Thanksgiving.  The stores have had Halloween candy out for weeks.  Funny but I am not tempted by that candy any more (so far anyway).  It seems that anything pumpkins spice or cappuccino flavoured tempts me, but yesterday I walked away from cappuccino flavoured cookies ( they were even on sale) and I was very proud of myself.  These little daily battles where you make good choices are the ones that keep you in maintenance I think.  The vets are so right when they say maintenance is hard.  

Next week I'm hoping to get back to swimming.  Exercise seems to help with my mood, my energy levels, and sleep.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 9/28/16 5:06 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Puppy decided she wanted to play at 3am again, so we ended up sleeping on the couch so my BF wasn't kept awake -- he works 9-5. It is going to be a long day today.

I forgot to mention, but I had my first dumping episode on Sunday. I'm 1.5 years out, so I was very surprised. I ate four bites of cake (it wasn't even that good), and soon after I thought I was dying. My aunt sent two pieces home for my BF and I wasn't even tempted to eat it. I wish I could bottle that feeling if I'm ever tempted by super sweets again.

Breakfast - protein soft serve

Snack - oatmeal, egg

Lunch - chicken

Snack - cheese, almonds

Dinner - leftover pork and veg

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 9/28/16 5:19 am

Dumping is a terrible feeling.  My first time was with a milkshake I foolishly had on a hot day.  The second and last time I dumped  was after only 2 bites of my husband's cake and a small piece of watermelon at a reception.  Thanks for reminding me Meg.  It will keep me more mindful of what I eat over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 9/28/16 5:22 am - Canada

Thankfully I'm not tempted by pies or pumpkin desserts, but cake or chocolate is a whole different story. I have been assigned to bring desserts and soda to our family Thanksgiving this year -- neither of which I will be able to have.

Patm
on 9/28/16 6:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I ate too much last night and can not face food yet. I brought my breakfast with me and will have it when I am feeling better.I will have to adjust my menu as I feel better

I had my granddaughter help me sew the seams for the tablecloths I am making. A few crooked and not great but overall not too bad. The errors will not be seen so I really do not care. I finished them after she left so one less thing to do. This is my last day of work this week.

So far this is my menu

b greek yogurt, raspberries

l salad with left over smoked pork

d chicken , salad

s tea

Have a great day everyone

new_me180
on 9/28/16 7:49 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Yesterday was a day from hell. I felt awful, my mood was crappy and my personality was mute. I tried retail therapy and that didn't even cheer me up. Today seems much better already and i haven't spoken to anyone yet, lol. I ended up not going to the gym yesterday and today is boxing, so i will go to that.

I know the feeling CC. This year has gone by so fast and thanks giving is upon us already. Halloween stuff has been out for months now, i'm sure christmas goodies will be hitting the shelves by next week. You also are not kidding about maintenance either. Everyday i don't stuff my face with junk is a win and to make matters worse, i don't dump. One day at a time i guess.

2yrs 11m

B - Coffee 5%, leftover chicken thigh, 1/2 cup zucchini

S - 2 slices deli ham

L - 3 chicken meatballs, 1/3 cup cucumbers, 1 slice bacon

S - 1oz mozza

D - 3oz salmon, 1/3 cup cauliflower

S - 1 dixie dinner molten cake

Calories: 877, carb 17, fat 46, protein 77

Have a great day all, Nia.

crqvingchange
on 9/28/16 10:36 am

Sorry yesterday was the day from hell Nia.  Like you said one day at a time.  Both with food, and idiot people, lol.  Tell me who you want dealt with, and I will pay them a visit BEFORE my morning coffee.  I'm exceptionally fierce then.  Nice carb numbers.

new_me180
on 9/28/16 11:03 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Lol CC. I'll remember that next time someone ticks me off. The funny thing is i wasn't upset with one particular person. It seemed as though it was me against the world, dog, traffic lights etc so you might have to take a lot of things down CC.. I missed Zumba, ZUMBA CC and you know i love my dance. I just couldn't be bothered at all. 

crqvingchange
on 9/28/16 11:56 am

I know you love your Zumba girl, me too.  When you boxing tonight, throw a few punches for me will you?  

Most Active
Recent Topics