loving ourselves

leeann73
on 10/27/16 2:51 am

I am learning a lot about myself through this process.  My 8 year old decided last week that he was going to be a vegetarian.  I am hoping it is a phase and he will not stay a vegetarian as I don't know anything about it - BUT - I want to show him support - I immediately went to the grocery store with him, we looked at alternative protein, made him  home made granola, planning meals for him to get protein ...etc, etc ... it dawned on me that I don't treat myself that well - I don't set myself up for success .... in my head I know I am worthy but not sure in my heart I know this .... hmmmmmm

crqvingchange
on 10/27/16 3:40 am

Great observation Leeann.  Sol Cuisine makes some tasty veggie burgers.  They're in the freezer section of the health dept. at the grocery store.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Teena D.
on 10/27/16 10:45 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I think loving ourselves is a huge part of success-  not only with weightloss surgery.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Catw
on 10/27/16 11:47 am - Arnprior, Canada

Leeann, it's not really that we don't love ourselves, it's more that we've put everyone else before ourselves.  Then there isn't much left for us.  I know I still do it.  It's really hard not to.  I try to put myself first once in a while, but it doesn't happen too often.  Something I am working on, but it's slow.

Cathy

Most Active
Recent Topics