Revision surgery? Anyone?

Katie Gavin
on 1/16/17 3:32 pm - Hamilton, Canada

I had my surgery 12 years ago.  I have had 3 kids and my weight has gone up and down.. until recently.  Nothing Will keep the lbs off.  I'm meeting with Dr Hagen at the end of the month... He did my original surgery!! Had anyone had revision surgery? Where? How did it go??

Bonnie ABC
on 1/17/17 8:42 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with

Unless it's mechanical, I suggest it's not worth it.    You may be disappointed.  

The surgery is based on starvation, for a period of time.   After that it is the mind that has to be in a correct place.  Working hard at the mental health of this surgery is needed for recovery from our eating disorders.  

So.. how are you at compliance?   Are you drinking with your meals?  Are you measuring your foods?   Are you eating a solid dense protein and veggies?  Have you removed sugar and processed carbs from your choices?    Are you moving your butt?     

There are no secrets, no magic, just management of an addiction.  

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Katie Gavin
on 1/17/17 11:40 am - Hamilton, Canada

Thanks Bonnie,

ya I think that will be the first step... seeing if something has happened.  I was treated for H pylori 6 years ago so who knows..    It's an abnormal weight gain.... like I would have to be eating Big Macs every hour to make sense of this weight gain.... 

Bonnie ABC
on 1/18/17 8:30 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with

A scope will tell an easy answer.    But now if you don't work on why you are over eating, then even if the stoma was stitched, you will abuse again.   

Not easy out here.   

Don't give up, keep your chin up, and stay to plan.  

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
fromfattohealthy
on 1/18/17 7:42 am - Canada

I am having a revision from Lap Band (it has failed)....not the same, but honestly you are the only person who knows what you need.

I had to be real honest with myself and start SERIOUSLY focusing on my eating and exercise. I still am going through the process but making the changes that I can make will definitely help me be successful with my revision.

Katie Gavin
on 1/18/17 6:25 pm - Hamilton, Canada

I hope you are pleased with the surgery you choose.  It's so funny, back when I had it I didn't know there were options... if there were?    Your right only I know my body, and I know somthing is seriously off.. the dr's are now telling me it's chronic fatigue and ya, it feels that way but it just does not make sense.  After my bypass I was completely anemic.. blood transfusions, infusions until they did a coderization... and that is how it feels, like I did right before a blood transfusion... but iron and hemoglobin are fine... so maybe dr Hagen can help.. maybe he can find a reason for my body shutting down. And gaining weight like crazy.... maybe hormones? Premenopausal? When does that start? Anyone? 36 ?

sorry for the long rant!

ha!

fromfattohealthy
on 1/18/17 6:29 pm - Canada

Don't feel bad for asking for help. And keep advocating for yourself. 

I think menopause is different for everyone. Hormones are a HUGE factor and maybe if your body is lacking the nutrients it feels like it's under stress and holding on to weight. 

Keep asking for answers and options. Don't let the gain discourage you anymore than it has. 

Most Active
Recent Topics