Pureed Stage - Fruit/Veggie

LET_85
on 2/20/17 9:51 am

Afternoon Everyone,

I hope you're having a great family day.

I started the pureed stage of my diet. I am allowed to have a small amount of fruits and vegetables. 

I know everyone is different but based on your experience... What fruits and veggies were the easiest to go down/experience the least amount of issues with.

I love all fruit and all veggies except for carrots. 

Thanks!

Referral: Sept/2015 Orientation: Dec/2015 Social Work: Jan/2016 Nurse: Mar/2016 Nutrition Class: Apr/2016 Psychometry: May/2016 Nutrition App: May/2016 Food Tracking: June/2016 Surgeon App: Oct/2016 Optifast: Jan/2017 Sugery: Feb/03/17 TWH.

Kathy1212
on 2/20/17 11:42 am

Hi!  Isn't it nice to get to eat again instead of just having shakes?  I'm really enjoying my pureed meals, which is funny as this was the stage I was most worried about because I thought it would be so gross, lol.

So far, I've only tried no sugar added apple sauce.  I added some extra cinnamon and a bit of Truvia sweetener and it was delicious.  I had no trouble with it.  I haven't tried any other fruit sauces or veggies.  Most of my purees except for the apple sauce have been protein based.

Have you tried egg salad pureed? It's yummy, lol.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Mahalo F.
on 2/20/17 11:53 am

I really enjoyed Heinz Baby Oatmeal Cereal, actually I still have it for breakfast....

Sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello, bananas, sugar free apple sauce, peaches, Heinz Baby Prunes, Squash, Weston Whipped Cream Cheese, Laughing Cow Cheese, Hummous, water melon, You are going to find that as you progress to soft you really continue eating food from all stages.

You have to see what works for you.

Good luck

Dandra.  

Mahalo.  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

MC_Akeson
on 2/20/17 7:50 pm - Ontario, Canada

I got canned pears and peaches in water and had no problems. Canned yellow beans also worked for me along with sweet potato mashed with canned white beans to bring up the protein content. I coated the chunks of sweet potatoes with a little bit of olive oil, cumin and cinnamon before baking them and then pureed them with the beans. I've put half a banana and a table spoon of peanut butter in my chocolate protein shake. Beware of watermelon as it is one of the highest glycemic index fruits.

RNY: Jan. 31, 2017, Ottawa Civic with Dr. Amy Neville

5' 2"; HW (@ start of Optifast): 267 & 45.5% BF; SW: 247

Most Active
Recent Topics