First day on full fluids!

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/21/17 3:49 pm

Well today is my day 8 post opp and I have started my full fluid diet today! I have noticed that my taste buds must have been revamped because everything taste great! Taking it nice and slow and it seems to be working for my new pouch I had a yogurt for breakfast, my snack, lunch tomatoe soup with skim milk, p.m snack and then it was so good I had the soup again! I'm glad I haven't had any complications as of yet other then cold water still isn't the best feeling my pouch likes warm or hot stuff! Things will get better I'm sure!

LauraLeafFan
on 2/21/17 5:36 pm

I started full fluids a couple days ago since TWH has you on fluids the day after you leave the hospital.  I thought I would introduced it slow for a couple days.  I am like you...my first soup was tomato and I thought it was the best thing I ever had....it tasted so darn good lol.  Then again after 2 weeks of opti anything likely tasted yummy.     

I am handling protein shakes fine but they take a while to go in.

Take it easy!!  So glad things are great!

Laura

Kathy1212
on 2/22/17 2:52 am

Wow, they waited a long time to start you on full fluids. I think that's smart. At St. Joe's in Toronto, they tried to start me on full fluids the day after surgery. I couldn't do it and stayed on clear fluids for a week before I could cope with full fluids. Everything tastes great to me too, except for some cream soups (mushroom was the worst, with butternut squash soup a close second, lol).  I think everything, good or bad, just is more intense now after giving my taste buds a break for so long with the Opti.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Linda M.
on 2/22/17 8:57 am - Orillia, Canada

I am also going to Guelph and will stay on the clear fluids for a week.  I was just looking at a post from Leeann talking about Premier Protein shakes and the fact that they are thick.  I usually drink LeanFit whey protein shakes (Costco) which is a powder form mixed with warm water.  They are the consistency of water, easy to drink (almost like a warm Ovaltine) and I was thinking they may be okay - for both fluid and protein content.  The suggestion of mixing the unflavoured protein powder with apple sauce, soups, yogurts, etc.  I will confirm that I may start these the second week or whether they may be permitted when I'm home during the first week after surgery.  As the plans are different, I have decided to stick with Guelph and see the surgeon for my one-month visit.  All other appointments will be OTN through TWH and I will do as directed by them.

Many thanks for your feedback.  Congratulations Angela.  Getting used to the routine, that changes from week to week - what, when, how much - will be the challenge.  The journal will definitely help.  All the best.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Most Active
Recent Topics