What are you eating doing Thursday?

Ginnny
on 2/23/17 4:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op 10 + mos

Good morning menu Friends!  Going to be another beautiful day today.   Might do my run outside at lunchtime.  Okay so I thought I've been eating pretty good this week, moderate calories, high protein, low carb....no Bueno!  For the vets, how do you stay motivated when the scale just isn't cooperating, like for a couple of months.  Maybe I'm done, I don't want to be but just don't know what to do.  I know the exercise is for my health and not necessarily weightloss but come on, nothing??

They called another impromptu potluck again today.  I will take them a dish but have my own food planned so I can stay on track and get out and for my run.  Then gym tonight for weight training.  Even my honey says don't let the scale dictate your life when I questioned why I even bother running and working out.   I'm afraid to stay off the scale for too long because what if its not the decimal ounces difference and why am I stressing about a .9 gain?  Good grief.

B - 2 chicken sausage

S - greek yogurt 2 oz raspberries

L - turkey fillet, chili sauce

S - 2 HB eggs

D - turkey filet with red pepper, onions, sour cream, cheese

Totals - Cal 968, carbs 41, protein 111

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 2/23/17 4:35 am

Good morning Ginny and everyone.  Ginny I'm with your hubby, no surprise there.  You have to be feeling stronger.  Remember that person you were before WLS.   Remember how your joints hurt.  How walking long distances was not something you looked forward to. Now you are planning a run outside, going to the gym and killing it, eating healthy and fueling your body with the good stuff.  If your weight never changed one ounce from here on in, which life would you rather have?  I know the answer for me, and that is what keeps me motivated (I am not a vet).  Hide the scale for 1 week, work hard, and revisit next week.   See if you scale stress diminishes and really appreciate all the great things your body is doing now that it couldn't do before.  Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Today I am getting a visit from the inlaws (pray for me).  My house will never be clean enough for MIL which doesn't bother me, I just don't need to listen to the agro.  I have a ton of paperwork to do, so maybe I'll let DH play host and I'll just give my excuses.  

This morning I am going swimming, then household chores.

The eats today are:

Rivers of decaf

Decaf protein coffee

Scrambled eggs with mushroom

Chicken and salad

Shrimp of some kind

SKYR with all the fixin's

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 2/23/17 6:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I appreciate your resonse CC. I guess because I was a high functioning fat person im getting discouraged. I played baseball every summer, did the running program in the past. Yes I'm stronger and see many positive changes and results. I will try to avoid the scale for a while and see if I can kick start it! Thanks for your encouragement 

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Cinderz
on 2/23/17 4:54 am

Good morning everyone, 

Today I'll be travelling to Toronto to spend the weekend hanging out with my surgery buddy, it's definitley out of my comfort zone and as I'll be staying in a hotel my meals will not be what I'm used too, I did pack several things that I can have so I'm not constantly eating restaurant / hotel food. (Yogurt, cheese strings, cottage cheese, premier protein) He is a bit more advance in regards to how much he can eat and what he eats. I Plan on making smart choices and just having fun. The hotel does have a gym so I plan on utilizing the treadmill everyday!

My planned menu for today

b - skyr yogurt

s - premier protein

l - chicken with Mexican spice, low fat cheese and fat free sour cream. 

s - premier protein

d - unsure

Have a great weekend everyone

crqvingchange
on 2/23/17 7:45 am

Enjoy your visit Cinderz.  He is the one that hooks you up with the different Premier Protein flavour?

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Cinderz
on 2/23/17 8:01 am

Thank you!

Amd yes, he is the one that hooks me up with the other 3 flavours of Premier protein ?

Meggles07
on 2/23/17 5:35 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Yesterday did not going according to plan. I had been talking with my grandma about taking her old (but newer than ours) fridge. We were in no rush, so I called a moving company to get a quote. He said if I moved that day he would give me a huge discount to keep his guys working. Unfortunately the fridge is quite large and I had to take the doors off completely -- and it's one of those models with a water and ice dispenser, so I had to disconnect all of that. It also doesn't fit in the current fridge space, so we have to take down a cabinet. But it's in my kitchen, it's running (and reassembled), and washed from top to bottom. 

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - yogurt

Lunch - egg sandwich

Snack - pepperette, pickle

Dinner - chicken tikka masala

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 2/23/17 7:47 am

Lot of work, but you got a cool fridge to show for it.

Patm
on 2/23/17 6:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Work today. It seems to be shaping up to be a busy one. The woman I do work for is really behind in reports. Looks like she might finally get some out. So I will need to do the printing and forms that go with them. Will tyr ot swim at lunch but may not have time since this is the last day of the week for me at work.

Out tonight to women's group. I have not done the work I was supp0ose to do for this so will also have to fit that in.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

l cauliflower mash, pork schnitzel, pickle

s forgot one!

d stirfry chicken

s tea when out

I will work out the stats later

Most Active
Recent Topics