Vent (Sorry!)

Jo0710
on 3/29/17 8:09 am

I'm in my first stall. I haven't lost anything for 2 weeks. I'm also really grossed out with food now and don't really want to eat anything but soup. I don't like chewing. I am just grumpy throughout this stall as well. I just want a big plate of nachos or a big burger. lol I know I can't and I stay away but it's making me even grumpier. I haven't been depressed until now throughout this process and now I am. Last night I wanted to cry but didn't. I made fajitas but only the insides to eat and it tasted disgusting to me while my hubby loved it. I just want to be able to eat something and it taste good. At least when I was losing weight quickly I didn't care too much about the crappy tasting food.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Teena D.
on 3/29/17 9:28 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I totally get where you're coming from. I'm 4 days behind you and I haven't experienced a 2 week stall yet But I have had several 5-6 day stalls that have been frustrating for me. Just keep focused. As long as you're sticking to your plan the weight will come off. And for me when it starts happening again, it usually happens quickly for a few days.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

leeann73
on 3/29/17 10:42 am

I am only 5 weeks post op and am feeling pretty similar .... in a 6 day stall .... I think it is normal that we will fluctuate in our emotions. I am not enjoying my food right now and chewing ... I want soups but the dietician said she would be very upset if we went back to soups after full fluids as too hard to get the protein in

we will get through this ... chin up

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

MicheleA
on 3/29/17 12:53 pm

I am into my 9th week post opp. I had a 3 week stall. Are you still drinking protein shakes? I had stopped drinking them for a few weeks as I was tired of the taste. At that point I was eating more protein. However, I started drinking them again and my stall ended. I don't believe this was a coincidence. The clinic at HRH tells its patients to drink protein shakes for the first 3 months as a snack or part of your meal. Clearly I need to listen better.

Good luck. Hang in there. Your stall will end shortly.

Daisydoo02
on 3/29/17 1:05 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Sorry to hear you are in a stall, it WILL break and you will go back to losing weight, trust the process.

I really struggled when I was early post op. The first 3 months for me were hell. I struggled with food, water, vitamins and feeling lost!! It was so overwhelming! I totally get what you are saying.

If you can tolerate and are cleared for ground beef then have a big burger! Throw some bacon & cheese on it! Protein!!! Just remember no bun! Its not that you can never ever have some loaded nachos' again, you will when you get to goal. I hear you on the nothing tastes good, nothing smells good, it gets tiring of menu planning and weighing and measuring, TRUST ME I WAS THERE TOO! It gets better. Really it does!

So you are eating soup, okay are you putting extra protein in it? Are you eating a protein based soup? You have the rest of your life to eat so eat some soup if that is what your heart & soul wants right now. But get your liquids in, that is so important not to get dehydrated, and get your protein in. What about Chili? What about eggs? Have you checked out the website "world according to eggface?" I used so many of her recipes when I was early out. Her ricotta back is very popular with a lot of newbies!! Try popping over to the RNY board and check out the "what's on the menu today RNYers you will see what a lot of newbies that are the same time out as you are eating. Might help with ideas.

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone, I felt what you did as well and now I am 3.5 years post op and below my goal and loving life, it really gets better!

Hang in there! Good luck!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active
Recent Topics