Weekly countdown challenge week 2!

Kaylar
on 5/23/17 12:37 am, edited 5/23/17 12:39 am - Toronto, On

Hi again everyone! I got a bit distracted this weekend, so again I'm posting this a day late. Maybe I should just start these on Tuesdays, haha.

My caffeine-free week went really well! I was completely soda, tea, and coffee free! The coffee wasn't so hard since I've never liked the taste, but the soda was pretty difficult. I almost broke at least once a day. I'd love to hear how things went for anyone who did the challenge with me.

This week is protein-powder week! I've ordered a few fruit-flavoured sample packs online and I'll be picking up some regular unflavored today. My goal is to have two shakes a day or put the equivalent into my food.

The nutritionist confirmed a whole ago that I'm not getting nearly enough protein, and though I've been working on it I'm still not happy with where it is. I figured I'd start trying protein powders now, so I'm into the practice and not as protein-deficient going into opti come September.

Let me know what some of your favorite bands are, and if you're not already taking a protein supplement feel free to join in on the challenge!

OrangeBlossom17
on 5/23/17 6:45 am

Hi

i joined you for the week one challenge. I gave up caffeine after my orientation in January. It was a challenge at first I was drinking up to 6 coffees a day. I don't really miss it now, though I do enjoy a decaf skinny vanilla latte at Starbucks on occasion!

As for protein shakes I purchased the chocolate premier protein from Costco. I think they taste great. Many people have recommended Syntrex (sp?) I am going to order some this week.

Have a great week!

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

Kaylar
on 5/24/17 4:09 pm - Toronto, On

That's so great! I'm really impressed you were able to cut it out entirely like that. I've definitely cut back since my orientation, but I haven't been able to quite entirely quite yet. I'm kind of doing it in stages if that makes sense? Like going from something with caffeine every day to 3-5 times a week, and then to 1-2 times, and then not at all. I'm about to go down the the 1-2 per week stage, so a whole week where I didn't have any was really helpful for me.

Syntrax is actually what I ordered! I just got them in the mail yesterday. So far I've only tried the "Roadside Lemonade," but I really like it! I think I would get sick of only chocolate/vanilla protein shakes after a month or two, so I'm really excited to have some fruity ones too.

I definitely need to get some on the Premier Protein ones. I know I have a Costco membership card around somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it since I moved. I wonder if there's a way to get a replacement one...

OrangeBlossom17
on 5/24/17 7:34 pm

If you go to Costco they will issue you another one.

i should clarify my original post. I didn't stop coffee cold turkey, my first week I allowed myself one for breakfast and one mid afternoon. I started focussing on drinking water and reducing stressors at work. Most of my coffee I drank at work. Next I removed the afternoon coffee and only drank a morning cup at home. I started cutting down the days.

Where did you order the Syntrax from? I have yet to order any.

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

Kaylar
on 5/24/17 7:40 pm - Toronto, On

I'm still impressed, haha. You were drinking way more than I was at when you started, and you were also able to cut it out much faster than me, since my orientation was in like October.

ready-4-new-start
on 5/23/17 9:49 am - Canada

I won't join u on the challenge because my protein intake is too high have to cut back.. my favourite protein powder is from gnc whey isolate spla****'s like juice instead of the milky ones.. great for the summer they have new flavours out that taste like candy gummy bears, fuzzy peach, the original flavours are blue raspberry, orange, grape and watermelon. U can also make popsicles with it.. good luck on ur challenge this week

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Kaylar
on 5/24/17 4:13 pm - Toronto, On

That's fair. I'm super impressed you're able to get that much protein though, to be honest.

Oooh, I'll have to try that one! The sample ones I ordered are fruity but still pretty milky from what I've tried so far, so one that's more like juice would be amazing! And protein pops! Oh man, I'm totally doing that. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics