4 Months Post Op

LauraLeafFan
on 6/14/17 9:41 pm

Hello Everyone,

Well I am now 4 months post op and I can't believe I am down 57lbs since opti and 67lbs from my heaviest. Before I go on to share how things are I want to say thanks to my awesome partner in crime and my best friend DougLeafFan who was by my side during my heaviest times and although he always saw me as nothing but beautiful he had to watch as my confidence diminished over time, until now, he gets to see me come back out of my shell and shine as I start to regain my confidence. Thank you hun for always being there through the good and the bad, I love you and am so glad to be sharing this journey with you.

The last 4 months have been interesting. In the beginning sure it had some rough moments. Sipping only a bit at a time and learning about this new tool. Well for all of you who are pre op believe me it gets easier, and quicker then you could ever imagine. Sure I am only eating about 3/4 cup and may never hit a full cup but I am fully okay with that. The more dense the proteins I find I eat even less. However after 4 months I pretty much have a full understanding of my new tool, and haven't experienced any dumping. I don't eat foods with sugar more then 10g I get all my protein in for the day... all my vitamins, and for the most part all my fluids. I enjoy raw veggies, fresh fruit and salad, but obviously all in moderation based on the sugars. My pouch always lets me know when I have hit my limit as I get a slight pain in my pouch. (best way for me to describe it even though it isn't a major pain but like an ache)

My NSV's are my youngest can wrap her arms around me to hug me, I can walk 20,000 steps with no pains, and I have more energy. I take more selfies or pics with family and I never did before lol. I am sure I am forgetting some but all I can think of for now.

Well that is about all for now.... on to month 5 and I couldn't be happier. I would do it all over again if I was ever asked as I have no regrets on the surgery. In fact anyone who asks how I have done it I have told them as I am not ashamed with it. If they have an issue with wls it is their issue and not mine. I can't be more proud of my decision.

Thanks everyone for sharing on here as it helps the rest of us!!

Referral MARCH 2016, Orientation JUNE 2016, Surgery FEBRUARY 14TH 2017

HW 272lbs 10 months Post-Op CW 175.7lbs

oneatatime
on 6/14/17 9:59 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Congratulations on all your success!! And what an inspiring post. Thanks for sharing.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

LauraLeafFan
on 6/15/17 3:20 am

Thank you....its a journey I am happy to be on...you don't have much longer to wait....it will come along fast and we are all here for you when or if you need us.

Always happy to share even some of those personal questions.

oneatatime
on 6/15/17 9:23 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Thanks Laura! Personal questions... lol. I hadn't even considered those, but now, I have a slew of possibilities forming! I'll wait for real ones and keep you in mind. Thanks!!! :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/17 4:59 pm

Onedayatatime kind of encouraged me to be on this and she has been great ..just got my psych moved up to August... and Laurel... love your post and the encouragement and what you shared!

LauraLeafFan
on 6/15/17 5:16 pm

Thanks Jobear

Sometimes we learn and benefit from what others share. Not sure what center you are with but if it's TWH it never hurts to call in and try for earlier appointments. Like they say there if they can move an appointment earlier they will so it's worth trying.

Good luck and you will hit the bench soon enough.

Manda32
on 6/14/17 10:15 pm

I literally just posted my 3 months post op updated and saw your 4 months post op.

First off, great job with the weight loss! Sounds like your doing very well. It's not just the scale number, but all the little things, all those great NSVs and how this surgery can change our lives for the better.

It's so nice that you have a partner who is going through this with you. Nobody can understand what we go through, than someone else whose gone through the same thing. Must be an awesome support system you two have.

I'm so glad you are doing so well! Keep up the great work!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

LauraLeafFan
on 6/15/17 3:17 am

Thanks Manda,

Yea it is great that we both are on this journey together....he is 8 months post op so went 4 months before me and since I measured all his food and cooked all his meals I knew that I could do it a d keep him in track. However it's also nice to vent when things don't exactly go how we want. I couldn't imagine doing this without him especially since we also share many NSV' s together.

Good luck on your journey as well....you are rocking the weight loss.

michelle W.
on 6/15/17 3:03 am
RNY on 06/12/17

Awesome job Laura... it gives me something to look forward to... Just got home yesterday from hospital...and way overdid things..lol..walked over to pharmacy to get prescriptions...wasn't far..but far enough for me to be exhausted when I got home...I'm still finding it very hard to figure out what I should be taking in each day... right now just trying to focus on getting in the fluids.. and trying to get in protein.. but man..so hate the thought of drinking protein shakes right now.

I know it gets easier... and seeing your posts make me happy to know that it will be easier...lol

Congrats again laura... keep the updates coming...

Referral - March 23rd 2016 TWH Orientation - June 15 2016 Social - Sept 6 2016 Nurse - Oct 3 2016 Nut Class - Nov 14 2016 Psych - Dec 14 2016 Nut Jan 4 2017 Surgeon - Feb 24 2017 Pre-op May 23 2017 Opti start date May 29 2017 Surgery Date - June 12 2017 HW-285 CW - 154.2 Opti start weight - 261.5 SW - 256

Preop-23.5 Opti-5.5 M1-13.8 M2-14.2 M3-11 M4-9.5 M5-9.9 M6-6.8 M7-9.4 M8-5.9 M9-4.2 M10-4.6 M11-2.4

LauraLeafFan
on 6/15/17 3:29 am

Well fisrt of all Welcome to the losers bench... omg yes you over did it. You need to make sure you are getting your rest. Walk around your house....or if you go out for a small walk take someone. You will tire very fast in the beginning. You need to focus on keeping hydrated. Getting all your protein will come. I loved my jello....broth...strained cream soup which I added unflavoured protein to. Also yogurt with high protein.

However yes don't stress every day gets easier....always here if you have questions.

Good luck girl!!

Most Active
Recent Topics