My tummy feels weird :c

adaptation
on 6/22/17 10:55 am - Canada
RNY on 10/23/15

Hi, guys! I'm having an issue and I'm not sure how to handle it, so I'm hoping someone else here has had the same issue and give me some advice. I'm about 20 months out from my RNY in October 2015.

About three or four weeks ago, I woke up one morning with a weird feeling in my stomach. It's sort of an ache, but it doesn't hurt, it's just uncomfortable. I only really notice it when I'm moving around or standing. Something just feels off. So that evening after work, I went to the ER. There was a brief exam (but obviously no GI camera), and the doctor ended up giving me some antacids to take for two weeks. He did ask me how much coffee I drank-- I drink two or three medium half-coffee-half-hot-chocolates a week. I started the antacids that night. After two days, I felt better, but kept taking the antacids. Upon reflection, I figure that the problem was that the night before my stomach felt weird, I had a bunch of salt and vinegar Crispers, and resolved not to eat anything too vinegary in the future.

The problem is, I woke up today with the same feeling, and I didn't eat anything vinegary yesterday at all. The only thing I can think of is that I had two coffees because it was a long day -- but like I said, they were half-coffee and half-hot chocolate, spaced out by several hours, and only medium in size. I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

So now my tummy hurts and I'm left wondering if this is a bigger issue. Do I have some crazy ulcer in there? Should I go to the ER again, book an appointment with my GP for sometime next week, or just wait for it to pass? Maybe grab some Maalox?

Please send help.

Orientation (TWH): 11 Feb 15 || SW: 17 Apr 15 || NP: 25 May 15 || Class: 2 June 15
Psych: 11 June 15 || Dietitian: 18 June 15 || Surgeon: 14 Aug 15 || Surgery: 23 Oct 15

Ginnny
on 6/22/17 11:19 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Personally I would make an appointment with your GP and ask specially for an ultrasound or xray or something. I had a pain all day long a month or so a go. I couldn't stand up straight and it hurt to walk. I sat in the ER for hours only to have the doctor poke around and prescribe antacids. didn't run any tests. I followed up with my GP and she sent me for an ultrasound and xray. Nothing was found, thankfully, but at least I knew that there was some investigation. When I reflected back on it I would have chalked it up to the fact that I was full of crap! (I have issues with BM's even with Restoralax everyday I don't go for days and not without taking something else).

Could it be a BM issue or are you regular?

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

adaptation
on 6/22/17 11:39 am - Canada
RNY on 10/23/15

I'm regular. I've been constipated lately but that seems to have worked itself out.

I'll call the GP. Thanks for the response!

Orientation (TWH): 11 Feb 15 || SW: 17 Apr 15 || NP: 25 May 15 || Class: 2 June 15
Psych: 11 June 15 || Dietitian: 18 June 15 || Surgeon: 14 Aug 15 || Surgery: 23 Oct 15

ready-4-new-start
on 6/22/17 2:15 pm - Canada

Do u stall have ur gallbladder? I use to get a lot of upset stomach and pain in my stomach I went to the Er I was put back on Prevacid the Er dr told me to call my surgeon I just turn 6 months post op at the time.. went to my surgeon he thought it was ulcer but I told him I still have my gallbladder so he order scan only problem I had to wait month for the appointment and I didn't even make it my appointment as the pain got worse ended back in the Er had emergency surgery.

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

adaptation
on 6/22/17 9:38 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/23/15

Yikes! I do still have my gallbladder, but I haven't really been experiencing nausea or anything. Just an odd, uncomfortable feeling and a bit of pain.

Starnaenae
on 6/22/17 3:09 pm

Reminds me of my ulcer. It was more if a discomfort. Go to the er at the hospital you had your surgery at. They will do a ct scan the surgeons will see you and theyll do a scope. Often antiacids arent enough for an ulcer. I dont suggest waiting as the more irritated it gets the more likely it is that something will happen like bleed out or perforate

TWH: Referral May 2015 --> Orientation November 2015 --> Surgeon at TWH Nov 2016 --> Transferred to Guelph --> Surgeon Appt Dec 1 2016 --> Opti Start Dec 8 2016 --> Surgery Dec 22 2016 HW: 331 SW:302 GW: 170

adaptation
on 6/22/17 9:40 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/23/15

Unfortunately, the surgery I had my hospital at is two and a half hours away.

Most Active
Recent Topics