omg..my surgery is 2 wks away!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/17 3:13 pm

So today was my meeting to get my shakes and to my surprise I got two wks worth and told my surgery iso on Sept 1st.

what did everyone use to drink they're shakes in...?

I'm super excited...cant wait...

I love to read all these posts...some thing peak my anxiety as I worry about how much I will lose vs how much I want to lose..but I guess will wait and see.

oneatatime
on 8/15/17 4:34 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Wow! That's quick. Amazing!! Congratulations.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

leeann73
on 8/15/17 6:18 pm

What a great way to start the month. How exciting. I bought a small mini blender and took it with me everywhere. I did not add anything to the shakes. I actually liked them. Best of luck.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Meggles07
on 8/16/17 3:52 am - Canada

Congrats!! :)

I used one of those shaker bottles with the wire whisk ball to break up the powder. I found the smaller opening helped with the weird smell.

I didn't mind the shakes at all. Just did ice and water for the chocolate. I added red raspberry SF Torani to the vanilla. I thought it tasted like a viva puff cookie ;)

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/17 4:07 am

Congrats!!

Mine is next week! EEEEE

Shakes....merp. I am half way through. I have Opti, Celebrate and Premier. I prefer Premier staright up cold. Choclate opti I put in a shaker bottle with ice and water. Vanilla premier I mix with a spoon of decaf instant coffee, ice and blend in nutri bullet.(think Tims Ice Cap) I don't like the Celebrate vanilla bariatric one. I have also poured the chocolate Premier into popsicle moulds for a "treat" since im having a hard time finding SF popsicles. The sugar free jello has also been lovely, especially on day 3 and 4 was I was having terrible withdrawls (worst headache ever and vomiting).

All the best!

Tuktu
on 8/16/17 6:40 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Wow - moving fast ! This is great news. Optifast is a challenge for some but most tolerate it quite well. I just drank mine with ice cubes and made sure it was super cold. I didn't mind chocolate or vanilla but preferred the chocolate. I would add Mio flavors to it, but honestly usually just drank it without anything added

Kathy1212
on 8/16/17 6:45 am

Woohoo; you're at the real start of it all now!

I used a big shaker bottle to mix my opti. I liked it best mixed with almost an entire bottle of ice cold water, plus 4-6 large icecubes (I couldn't fit the entire bottle of water with the icecubes in my shaker bottle but there was only a sip or two left over at the bottom of the bottle.

I liked both flavors but preferred vanilla which was a big surprise to me as most prefer the chocolate.

I tried adding instant coffee and various flavors to the vanilla but preferred it plain.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Linda M.
on 8/16/17 8:16 am - Orillia, Canada

Congratulations - exciting news.

I'm with Leeann, I bought a personal blender from Walmart (Hamilton Beach, about $13), bought a bag of ice for home and put some in Tupperware for the freezer at work, and added extra water. I switched from vanilla to chocolate and although I bought some sugar free syrups, I liked them on their own. Other than a headache the first couple of days, I was good. You drink them right out of the blender cup that comes with it - easy peasy.

Good luck and remember this is the next major step in the process and you have all of the control. I had no complaints and was just very thankful that I could move on.

Keep us posted.

Linda

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/17 9:09 am

Congrats -------------- where? with who?

And.. time will pass so quickly you will be done very soon...yay you!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/17 11:54 am

Thank you all for the words.

thus page is amazing...

Humber River Hospital with Dr Hagan..who I hear is the chief of surgery and incredible.

Most Active
Recent Topics