Poop

leeann73
on 8/17/17 5:55 pm

so I have taken a cap full of restoralax every day since surgery and never had any trouble. Still taking the cap but no bms in 2 days. Nothing has changed so I am not sure what is going on. I am almost 6 months out????

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/17 9:25 pm

switch up needed? I was told your body gets used to this stuff ??

Ginnny
on 8/18/17 4:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi, I take restoralax every day and don't have a BM everyday. I often have to supplement with Senna or even magnesium.

I'm not sure if the restoralax is helping or not. I suppose I would have to stop it for a while and then see.

Try some magnesium citrate before bed, will help with the BMs and leg cramps if you suffer from that.

I take 450 mg a day when I feel like I am backed up.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Monica9811
on 8/18/17 6:22 am - Peterborough, Canada

You could also try 3 senokot s before bed time. That should make you go in the morning!

Jo0710
on 8/18/17 6:28 am

I take senekot before bed (well at 8pm) nightly and I usually have a BM daily. If I take it any later, I have to do it at work which I rather not poop there.

I was worried about taking it daily but my dietician said it was ok. On the days where I have to be up earlier than normal I don't take it though which I think is why she was ok with me taking it so often? Never thought I'd have more issues with poop than I already did (before surgery I only went 2-3 times a week which was normal for me).

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

LeslieCL
on 8/18/17 1:17 pm

Your post made me giggle. I had a friend who once said, "I like to leave those at home!"

Blueeyesmiles
on 8/18/17 12:10 pm

Starters...... I know zero! I've just started this new part of my life. YOU ALL KNOW 100X more than I do. That being said, when my kids were little and they didn't #2 , I'd make them have an extra long warm bath. You have to relax ( this is the trick). Your body could be under stress? Are baths allowed? I would think everything would be healed up by then? I certainly hope so.......:s

Most Active
Recent Topics