So thirsty!!

Kaylar
on 10/17/17 6:15 pm - Toronto, On

So I'm almost two weeks post op, and I'm still having trouble getting anything bu****er and protein shakes in because I'm just constantly thirsty!! I'm not getting any dry mouth or anything, I just seem to wan****er so much more than anything else I could be eating right now. I'm not even going over the recommended amount, since I think I'm only drinking about 4 cups a day, but I'm starting the puree diet in 3 days and I feel like I should actually be eating something at this point???? Is any of this normal?

Also, I know I'm supposed to start doing the "no drinking 30 mins before or after thing once I start puree on Friday, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to do that while I'm still feeling thirsty all the time??? Are a few tiny sips okay? Just enough to kind of trick my brain to think I'm drinking something until I actually can?

oneatatime
on 10/17/17 6:26 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Hi Kayla,

I was thirsty all the time too, and the first few days of puréed were hard for me for that reason. I took little sips, and started teaching myself to not eat and drink together.

As i started eating food, and I think having normal salt intake again (I'm guessing), my thirst got better. I still find I'm thirsty, but less... and I've always been a big big water drinker.

Hang tight, have patience for yourself, and listen to your body. Add stretch goals to meet the requirements. You'll get there. :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Kaylar
on 10/18/17 8:04 am - Toronto, On

Thanks so much! That makes me feel way better. :D

Most Active
Recent Topics