Feeling Forgotten...

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/17 12:32 pm

Hello All,

I'm sure I'm just being super impatient, but I got my Dietician approval on October 4th and was supposed to get a call within 2-3 weeks. I know it hasn't quite been 3 weeks yet, but I'm getting anxious and worried that I could be forgotten, or lost in the system.

Has anyone actually not received their call to meet the surgeon and needed to follow up to see what happened?

Also, I'm having surgery in Ottawa, so will it be the local TOH number that calls me? I used to work there for a while, so I'm very familiar with the phone number(s) they would call from. I don't pick up 1-8** anything, so I'm hoping that I wouldn't have missed a call...

Lina_Ann
on 10/20/17 12:37 pm

Don't you have an appointment in 2 weeks? Maybe ask then. I just finished my sleep study and got a CPAP machine today. I have another appointment November 3rd or 4th at BMI. The surgeon didn't want to see me until I did my sleep study. So I guess I'll grt a surgeon call in November

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/17 12:41 pm

I do have a follow up with BMI first week of November, but that's tentative on me getting a call from the surgeon first. I believe i am to call and reschedule for a later time if I haven't got a call from them by then.

Did you end up receiving a call from the surgeon?

SKimster
on 10/20/17 2:14 pm
VSG on 05/22/18

Just a question. Did you only have 2 appointments and now the surgeon? It doesn't seem like enough appointments.

Kimmy in Canada

2017: Aug 16: Referral -- Sep 14: Orientation - Oct 5: Nurse - Oct 23: D/SW/N 2018: Feb 21: D/SW/N - Mar 12: Internist - Mar 23: D/SW - Apr 5: App't with Surgeon - Apr 23: Post-Op Class - May 3: Pre-op Admin in Hospital - May 22: SURGERY

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/17 3:03 pm

No, I have completed all the appointments and classes, I just haven't listed everything because it would be really long. I'm just waiting for the phone call to meet the surgeon now.

RosieBelly
on 10/20/17 5:01 pm

I am going through the Weight Management Clinic at the Ottawa Hospital so the process may be a bit different but one thing I do know is that your clinic is the best source of info for stuff like this. You can call them, Shybee, don't be shy and don't get to feeling you got lost in the shuffle. A quick call will usually clear up any confusion!

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

oneatatime
on 10/21/17 5:45 am
RNY on 09/01/17

I agree with the above poster: call your centre if you're feeling lost in the shuffle.

Also, if you're worried about missing a call, start answering all your calls. I think when we create "big" norms for ourselves about "I don't answer 1-800-anything" and then worry we're missing out on something, it's a conflict. Is it simply you're worried about a telemarketer? Or something worse. If just a telemarketer, hang up if that's who it happens to be. You never have to explain yourself to an unwelcome caller. Just "click".

Good luck!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/17 1:50 pm

Hi! I realized I'm just being a bit impatient and need to wait it out another week or two before I start worrying. At this point I'm trying to predict my timing so I can make arrangements with work and other engagements.

Most Active
Recent Topics