Not here for judgements!

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/18 8:49 am

Someone posted here about fear of gaining... and it has affected me. I haven't posted lately because I've been sick and dealing with a whole bunch of issues. I'm on hold and that's OK ...my surgery probably won't be till the end of the summer but something really bothered me and I have to say something. There are great deal of people out who may have gained a bit of weight back or even all of it ...they are scared to post because of judgement because perhaps the tool did not work perhaps things happened in their life we don't know but I will say something this is not a place to judge. I did read a comment that really set me off. I won't mention who it was but I will say that if I wanted someone to tell me just don't eat and you won't gain weight I could listen to society and awful judgemental people! Anyone out there know that 98% of the people here are kind, understanding and will help you and support you!!! I am happy for the ones that soooo successful but for some there are issues! We are here.. I will try to be more active and supportive and if you need us.. we are here to listen NOT to judge!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/18 9:07 am
RNY on 03/26/17

Well said!! Glad you are back!

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/18 9:29 am, edited 1/17/18 2:37 am

Thank you

oneatatime
on 1/17/18 9:55 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Hey girl! It's great to see you.

I agree with you about judgements. I did reread that post you're talking about (and a few others in case I mixed up which one you mean... but I "think" I got it right) and I don't read any judgmental comments in it. If you want to chat privately about it, let me know. I'm here for you, girl.

I do think we should be vigilant about holding this as a safe space for people. It's why I spend my time on THIS board, not some of the others on this site.

((Hugs))

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/18 10:17 am, edited 1/17/18 4:19 am

I am very sensitive to that ? then don?t eat? attitude .. I do feel this is a place to celebrate losses and encourage those who get lost or who are having issues.. I could be wrong but then I don?t shy away ... ;)

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/18 7:08 pm
oneatatime
on 1/18/18 5:45 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Just replied. :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Patm
on 1/17/18 10:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

We are hear to listen not to judge yet you have just judged peoples intentions. If someone has posted they gained weight it is usually a cry for help. If they are happy with gaining they usually do not post. Most people try to help the person who gained. Suggestions on menu changes or ways to avoid cravings

I find your post very judgemental. If you do not like a persons postings feel free to block them and only listen to people who agree with you

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/18 10:14 am

What upset me was the " then don't eat" judgement. Am I judging.. perhaps because I guess having heard this all my life it is not helpful!!!!!!

Patm
on 1/17/18 10:23 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am sure for you it is not helpful. So block the person and move on. You will never agree with everyone on the forums

By the way although I do not post a lot here anymore, I have been on the forums for 6 years.

Most Active
Recent Topics