What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 1/17/18 11:31 pm

Good morning everyone. Having trouble falling asleep, so I thought I'd get the thread started.

Had a good giggle with my friend yesterday. I love catching up with old friends.

Today I am going swimming and then later to the gym. I have some errands to run after that, and maybe a nap this afternoon, lol.

The eats today at 3.5 years post-op:

B. Lots of decaf throughout the day. 1/2 of an egg sandwich, Burnbrae egg patty on Smarbun with 1 slice bacon.

S1. Protein shake while at the gym - Protein Iced Coffee

L. Costco rotisserie chicken salad on 1/2 of an avocado.

D. Grilled chicken skewers from Costco, a little Cajun spice, asparagus.

S2. SF Cocoa

Totals: 834, Carbs. 40, Fibre 20, Fat 42, Prot. 88

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

leeann73
on 1/18/18 5:04 am

Hello everyone

work stress caused me to miss the gym - I chose work instead of the gym so it is on me but this is an old pattern I have so I need to keep it in check. Won't get home from wor****il 10 pm tonight - work event after hours and full day so no time for exercise - will make it up on the weekend as I like to get a full solid 5 gym days in ... here are my eats

breakfast: premier protein shake and a handful of almonds

snack: greek yogurt with berries

lunch: out with clients (some protein and salad)

snack: cheese and almonds

dinner: work function - protein based meal

snack: protein bar (depending on how I feel with my choices at 2 work food events today I may or may not have this)

ahhh ... right now the balance of home, work, exercise and "me" is off whack ... I need a day at home to clean the house without my kids and hubby around; I need an extra day at work to catch up with no employees; and I just totally feel tired thinking about it all ...

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

crqvingchange
on 1/18/18 9:44 am

Sorry work is stressing you Leeann. Are you able to work from home part of the day? DH does that whenever he can. He makes a fire and has his Work PJ's that he changes into.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 1/18/18 5:11 am

Your lunch sounds delish!

I don't purchase Costco chicken salad since I just can' eat it fast enough before I have to toss it. Do you keep it more than 2 days?

crqvingchange
on 1/18/18 9:41 am

That's the first time that I have bought the Costco chicken salad. Karen used to say how good it was. I bought the other chicken salad at Costco that came in smaller containers and had cranberries in it. That one tasted good, but there were pieces of cartilage in it and that put me off it.

This new one tastes good and I have been putting some in my husband's lunch for work, and also sometimes having it as a snack. They certainly do give you a lot. There's a small amount left, and today is the 3rd day. I'll have to check it.

Ginnny
on 1/18/18 6:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone! Was up at 4:45 this morning to take my Momma to the hospital for surgery. She's having some pins removed from her knee and a bone graft to hopefully relieve pain from a previous knee replacement. I will have to go to the gym tonight, which is okay because there is a weight class that I quite enjoy.

Post Op 21+ mos

B - Carb Killa Protein Bar

S - 2 oz blueberries, Oikos key lime

L - taco salad

S - deli turkey, light old cheese (30 gr)

D - butter chicken, no rice (from the Caterer so don't know the stats)

S - Premier Protein Shake

Totals without dinner - Cal 1128, Protein 125, Carbs 78

Have a good one!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 1/18/18 9:46 am

Ginny hope your Mom's surgery went well and that this will help with the knee pain.

Meggles07
on 1/18/18 6:24 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Not too much planned for today -- I have to take puppy 2 for some vaccines. He hates going to the vet, so I feel really bad dragging him there.

I had a nice lunch with my grandma yesterday and we walked around some shops downtown. Oh, and my family doc called today to let me know my B12 is high and my vitamin D is low. Call me shocked ;) it's the same every year.

Post-op two years, ten months.

Breakfast - Greek yogurt with cereal

Snack - egg, bacon, cheese

Lunch - chicken and sweet potato

Snack - peameal bacon

Dinner - cabbage roll casserole

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 1/18/18 9:49 am

Did he up your Vit. D supplements? Would one of those desk lights that people use for SAD help?

Most Active
Recent Topics