Kingston?!

1979bigmama
on 1/22/18 3:06 pm

Hello All

I am from Kingston and am waiting not so patiently for surgery!!

I am waiting on my sleep clinic results (getting them tomorrow) then I am to call Catherine at the clinic and will figure out my next step whether it be more apnea testing or booking my pre-op class! Best case scenario, my sleep results are good and I can proceed with the surgery.

My husband is also going through the process and his surgery is scheduled for Feb 13th!

Any other people from Kingston? Any other couples going through the surgery process?

Harpediem
on 1/22/18 4:44 pm

I'm from Kingston. Yeah! I found someone else.

having apnea won't slow or stop your surgery . Just means you have to get a cpap machine.

have you been through all the other steps: dietitian , social worker etc.? They do a preop class twice a month and you get your date to meet your surgeon then. Once you get to preop class it all goes pretty quickly .

pauline

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/18 4:49 pm

I went through Kingston. They have a Facebook group they seem to use more than this site, but there are a few of us here.

Goodluck with your sleep study results.

1979bigmama
on 1/22/18 5:37 pm

I am familiar with how fast things move since my husband is a few weeks ahead of me! I have had all my other apt's, dietitian, counselling etc...just waiting on pre-op class and meet the surgeon!

When I spoke with Catherine last week she asked that I call her right after my appointment for sleep clinic results, so fingers crossed I do not need a CPAP and can be put in the next pre-op class!!

1979bigmama
on 1/31/18 5:04 am

So I have moderate apnea, I pick up my CPAP on Friday! This has set me back a few weeks, but not a huge deal! My husband is also in the program and just completes week 1/3 on Optifast, His surgery is set for Feb 13th! With my delay our surgeries won't be too close together, but also not too far apart!

Most Active
Recent Topics