swallowing bubbles

corriev
on 4/20/18 12:47 pm
VSG on 03/06/18

At least that what it feels like.

I had a VSG on the 6 March and the last few days it feels like when i eat i am swallowing bubbles ( air) at the same time, doesn't matter if i****er or food its like there is a bubble that goes down ( sometime painful) at the same time. I do end up burping soon after but small burbs. I sometimes find i cant continue the meal until i have burped.. i dont drink anything for about 20 min before the meal. when i am chewing i make sure that there is no air pockets in my mouth before i swallow.

Anyone else experiencing this?

now i know the feeling, fed, burped and put to bed.

crqvingchange
on 4/22/18 5:06 am

Corrie I'm sorry you are experiencing this. The only suggestion I have is to do an experiment and see if taking very small bites spaced far apart creates the same effect. When is your next followup with your Centre? RNY and VSG are very different, your still have a working pyloric valve, ours is bypassed.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics