What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 5/23/18 4:26 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. Yesterday I didn't make it to the gym, so I will try again today. I have a lot to do before I go away on Saturday. I'll be back Tuesday, so will someone start the Monday thread please.

Today, I going swimming, yoga, gym and then laundry and some packing.

Accountability: Yep, we have a winner. No cheats, no additions. The only thing was the gym and I will do that today.

Questions of the Day: What is your favourite exercise activity that you are looking forward to this summer. For me it's kayaking. I bought one and now I want to get that puppy in the water. Meg, no trampoline jumping for you, just light gardening, lol. Pretty sure Kathy would be biking and hiking. Ginny, camping and hiking? Corrie, beach time and swimming? Did I get any of them right? Murt, what about you?

The eats today at 3 years, 10 months post-op are, in no particular order:

B. Rivers of decaf, Premier Protein used as creamer.

S. Iced protein coffee

L. Spicy crab salad in half of an avocado. I have to make a trip to Costco to buy more crab salad. Pray for strength for me.

D. Burger with bacon, cheese, caramelized onions, maybe a slice of avocado.

S. Cucumber crackers with spicy hummus and an HB egg with S&P

Totals: 1115, Carbs 56, Fibre 15, Fat 62, Protein 101

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/23/18 4:44 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Lol, CC I definitely will not be jumping on any trampolines... Unless that will flip this baby ;)

This morning I'm off for blood work. I have attempted making an appointment time so I want to see how that works out. I don't know what else I will get up to. I have a pickup donation today so I have the boxes out of my sunroom finally. Just a few things to move to the basement and maybe a chair to get rid of.

QOTD: I love walking and playing outside with the pups. I am really a fairweather walker lol. We will probably stick to walking around the block in the morning for now. I also want to train the pups to walk with a stroller, so that's on my to-do list.

Post-op three years, two months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - toast and PB

Lunch - leftover rib

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - tbd depends if there are enough ribs left

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 5/23/18 9:44 am

Tell your hubby to put you in the stroller, push you and let the pups walk along side, lol.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/23/18 9:51 am - Canada

I think he'd be more likely to put the pups in the stroller -- they are totally spoiled ;)

Ginnny
on 5/23/18 5:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone! Sun is shining and its a beautiful day (although I am, and always seem to be, freezing).

Thought I was going to turn into a popsicle at hubby's ball game last night. Going to be a long quiet day at work, I'm the only one on my side of the hall and there are two on the other side. Everyone else in the office(s) are working off site.

Post Op 2 years 2 mos - my menu got a little crazy calorie wise today....

B - 1/2 bagel, 1 egg, 1 cheese slice

S - skyr yogurt, strawberries

L - egg salad, with a side greek salad - using a creamy greek dressing instead of oil based so this adds calories - just wanted to mix it up though

S - turkey pastrami, old cheese snack

D - chicken fajita roll up, dollop of sour cream

Cal 1533, Protein 117, Carbs 77

Still sore today, I think I will return to the gym next week, give my body a chance to really heal.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 5/23/18 9:46 am

Your menu looks scrumptious Ginny. I forgot to include my breakfast of eggs and sausage in my menu. Oh well, it's in the totals.

MichelleS61
on 5/23/18 10:00 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

and here I was thinking 'she just has coffee for breakfast'?

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

crqvingchange
on 5/23/18 10:05 am

I don't like swimming on a full stomach, so I usually have coffee and then a breakfast after swimming. Today I did yoga after swimming, so I will have my breakfast for a snack later. Just finished my crab salad and avocado.

it's probably just me, but if I eat before exercising, I find that I get acid reflux.

MichelleS61
on 5/23/18 11:52 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

I'm still trying to find time for exercise, between elderly parents and working/commuting 11 hours a day, there just doesn't seem to be any time left.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

crqvingchange
on 5/23/18 2:18 pm

Michelle it sounds like you have your plate full, and I'm sending you big hugs. Remember you started this journey for you and your health. Even taking a walk on your lunch break counts. Last year I was looking after my Dad. I would drive to a place where I could exercise and sit him on a chair or bench, then I would workout. He enjoyed being outside and I enjoyed moving. When he was in hospital, I would take the opportunity to walk the ward whenever he would nap, or if they took him to do tests. Once again, sending you big hugs. Being a caregiver is a really hard job.

Most Active
Recent Topics