What are you eating/doing this Monday?

crqvingchange
on 6/11/18 4:18 am

Good morning Menu Mates. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Our weekend was busy with a lot of driving. Back to the grind today. This morning I'm swimming, then I have a dentist appointment. If I can get some free time this afternoon, I'll go to the gym. Sitting in a car all weekend didn't do my knee any good.

Accountability: All good

Question of the day: As most of us learned French in school, do you think you could have a conversation in French. For me, it's use it or lose it, and I think for the most part I've lost it, lol.

The eats today at 3 years 10 months post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf with PP Vanilla used as creamer

B2. After the dentist, poached egg with a hot Italian sausage patty

L. Maple BBQ salmon with a little Hollandaise

D. Cevap burgers with some Chipotle aioli

Totals 998, Carbs 19, Fibre 3, Fat 68, Protein 91

I am doing a version of AMAW this week.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 6/11/18 6:25 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Nothing super planned for today but I might go check out Value Village and pickup some groceries. I didn't get much accomplished this weekend. The weather was so glorious -- we had all the windows wide open. DH had to work on Sunday so it was a pretty quiet day.

QOTD: my French is pretty much all gone. I stopped taking it in grade 9 and switched to Latin -- don't need to worry about too many conversations in Latin these days ;) lol. Interestingly I found that taking Latin helped with my English classes and writing skills, especially when I got to university.

Post-op three years and three months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg and bun

Lunch - tbd

Snack - carrots and PB

Dinner - leftover beef roast

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 6/11/18 8:55 am

Most of my family took Latin, and they always win in Scrabble or similar games.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

corriev
on 6/11/18 10:09 am
VSG on 03/06/18

No speaka da Francais... not at all. My kids gossip in French when they dont want mom and dad to understand, but ive got one on them too, when mom and Dad need to gossip, we pull out the Afrikaans ( Kitchen dutch)

Had a doctors appoint this morning. i have been feeling very dizzy when i stand up quick or walk to fast . so i needed to slow it down, you might know my heart attached me almost 2 years ago to the day, ( 29 July 2016) in a nut shell, the health gains from WLS has made it that i can be off my heart meds. dont need them anymore, other than daily aspirin... My sleep apnea is also on its way out, gonna do a few more testes but know its outa here.. so excited.

Hope you all had a great weekend, what a dandy one it was... bring it one.

B - Protein Shake

S - Skyr yogurt

L - Left over BBq chicken, Salsa, and cottage cheese

S - Poached egg

D - More left over BBQ chicken with Salad and cottage cheese.

MFP says..

Cal: 467

carb : 14

Prot: 86

Fat: 8

Monica9811
on 6/11/18 6:24 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Glad you are doing so well now. Just take it easy. Your daily menus look great. I know I was one of the critics when you first starting posting but now you are doing awesome. We only want success for each and everyone of you. Keep up the great menus and happy fishing!!

crqvingchange
on 6/11/18 6:44 pm

Corrie, Monica is wise when she says to take it easy. It sounds like you are having orthostatic hypo-tension episodes. Basically, your blood pressure drops when you stand up and you are not getting enough blood to the brain.

If you have been taking heart meds and diuretics, this can also cause this.

Ways to combat it are, stamp your feet before you stand up if you have been sitting for some time. This gets blood flowing to the brain. Once standing count to 10 to see if you are dizzy. Do this before taking your first step. This is something my Dad has had since last year and resulted in a few fainting spells.

When I was 6 months post-op, I had a low blood pressure moment and ended up in hospital for 2 and a half weeks. I worry about you. Our bodies go through so much when we are losing weight rapidly and sometimes they need to catch up. Redistributing fluid in the body during weighloss is one way our bodies cope.

Eventually everything levels out and the dizzy spells should pass, but be careful in the meantime.

corriev
on 6/12/18 8:50 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Thanks for the support Guys - you guys rock. Would love to meet you all one day.

Have a blessed day.

Most Active
Recent Topics