What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 6/14/18 3:40 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. Happy Weekend Eve. This morning I have an early doctor's appointment. Tonight DH and are doing date night. We're going somewhere fancy for dinner but I will try to eat protein first.

Accountability: On plan, oh yeah.

Question of the Day: Do you do date night with your spouse? I love date night. For me there's no cooking and cleanup, we get to listen to live music, my husband sends me cute texts so we are not yelling over the band. It's not stressful, just fun and great spending time with my best friend.

The eats today at 3 years 10 months post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein used as creamer

S. I will bring a protein bar with me as my appointment is out of town. Might not eat it, but good to have on hand just in case. I will also take my 32oz iced protein coffee to drink in the car.

L. Shrimp with spicy dipping sauce

D. Protein of some kind with veg. I may have a taste of DH's dessert. I'm too afraid I'll dump to have more than 1 forkful.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 6/14/18 5:13 am - Canada

Good morning :)

CC, that is adorable that he texts you during the music.

I'm off to Costco with my grandma today. I have a list of things to try and stock up on for the summer. She goes away most of the summer and since we will be on baby watch I'd rather not have to worry about the essentials lol. DH won't be taking any paternity leave as he doesn't have a backup at work so it's one less thing to worry about later.

QOTD: we do lunch dates most weeks and sometimes we do a dinner date. The lunch dates are good for DH's mental health because he gets away from the office. I also really like doing shared projects -- it's like team building lol.

Post-op three years and three months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - cheese stick and crackers

Lunch - tbd pending Costco run

Snack - chicken leftovers

Dinner - also tbd. I have to check the taco beef status ;)

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 6/14/18 7:44 am

Costco had a family membership, maybe your Grandmother can put you on her membership.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 6/14/18 9:30 am - Canada

She's on a business plan with my grandpa. They said it would be around $70 to get added on which I think is the same as the basic membership :) We had a membership before and I found we spent a lot more trying to make it "worth it" lol. Way too many temptations there ;)

crqvingchange
on 6/14/18 9:35 am

I know you don't have a gas station at your Costco, but for me getting 10 cents a litre off gas makes it worth it because sometimes DH uses the car for business. The problem is that I tend to buy gas at lunch time when they have the free samples. I've been good the last few times and never ventured into the store.

Meggles07
on 6/14/18 9:36 am - Canada

I guess they start the samples around noon...? They don't have them in the morning when we go. Probably a good thing lol :)

Ginnny
on 6/14/18 11:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I was just going to say.....they don't give out samples at the gas bar!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Ginnny
on 6/14/18 5:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning Gang! A nice cool morning this morning! Went to the gym and did elliptical and then some legs and abs.

Not too much on the go today. A couple of issues going on at work the past couple days that have me quite "upset" but my boss can't do anything unless I reveal my "source". I can't do that to this person so now my boss has to wait for it to happen and address it after the fact. In my opinion damage is done by then.

QOTD: Not on a regular basis, and he would never refer to it as date night. We go out for dinner occasionally but nothing fancy. He's a pretty regular dude, doesn't like crowds, or bars. We prefer to sit in the yard and have a bon fire. I guess that's a date night.

B - egg salad sandwich on skinny bread

S - greek yogurt, coconut clusters

L - chili

S - roasted chicken

D - pot roast

Cal 1241, Carbs 70, Protein 122

Have a good day!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 6/14/18 7:48 am

Date night can definitely be at home, we've done those too. It's more about something different than the norm. We used to do at home movie date night. Now we go out for BBQ every week. DH likes smoked BBQ ribs.

I hope the situation gets resolved soon at work. Should we set up a special ops surveillance? Something that involves lasers?

corriev
on 6/14/18 9:51 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello Gang

QOTD - Date night - let me think now... Just kidding, i try to get the wife out as often as possible. last weekend we went to Orillia to buy an outboard engine for the boat. and she came with for the drive, we stopped for coffee and at the South African shop in Barrie, and then carried on.. other than that going out for a meal or coffee is awesome. just spending time alone without the twins... that are that age now...

my meal plan is SOS again today.

B - Protein Shake

S - Skyr yogurt

L - Tuna in water with cottage cheese and salsa

S - poached microwave egg

D - BBQ Chicken breast with Catalina salsa and a dollop of cottage cheese.

S - walk past bbq left over snack

MFP says.

cal - 580

Prot - 100

Carb - 22

fat - 11

All Vits and Water

Most Active
Recent Topics