What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 6/19/18 3:57 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. Ginny I hope you had fun camping and didn't get rained on.

This morning I'm going swimming and then going to do some garden work. As none of you are admitting to having a green thumb, I guess I'll have to do it myself, lol.

Accountability: I switched out one of my meals yesterday because I dropped an avocado. I made smashed avocado with feta cheese and a poached egg on protein toast

Question of the day: If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would you pick? My answer has changed over the years. Today I would choose Einstein just because I think he would have a wicked sense of humour.

The eats today at 3 years 11 months are:

B. Buckets of decaf with cream and sweetener

B2. Smoked salmon and cream cheese rollups

L. Grilled chicken skewers

D. Salmon pinwheel

S. Salted caramel smooth cottage cheese

Totals: 890, Carbs 32, Fibre 6, Fat 44, Protein 92

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 6/19/18 5:31 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Off for an ultrasound this morning and then pretty much running right to a doctor's appointment. My friends are coming with me to the ultrasound and I'm hoping they will let me sneak in two guests -- they are sisters.

My thumb is maybe a pale green... Or turquoise. I have things growing, I'm just not confident. However, I had an interesting thing happen yesterday. I have a succulent growing in my kitchen window. A few weeks ago it got knocked into the sink and the top piece broke off. Lazy me just threw the top piece into the pot tray. Well yesterday I went to water the plants and noticed that the broken piece had started sprouting roots all on its own. So I have now potted that piece and I'm hoping it will grow into a second plant :)

QOTD: at this point I would say probably my grandpa's dad. My grandma always tells me that I would have loved him and that he had an amazing sense of humour. He and my great-grandma were Catholic and Protestant, and got married when that wasn't really accepted. They used to host card games at their house and invite a priest, a rabbi, and some other religious person (pastor maybe??). The rule was that you were welcome as long as you didn't talk religion ;) I've heard so many amazing stories about him.

Post-op three years and three months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - Greek yogurt

Lunch - leftover pork chop

Snack - egg and pickles

Dinner - tbd

Snack - wedding cake (we cut the piece in half lol)

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 6/19/18 7:19 am

Meg I can see your thumb is getting greener by the day.

The story about your Great grandfather and Great Grandmother is wonderful and heart-warming. Not just tolerance but inclusion without sacrificing your own faith.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 6/19/18 7:23 am - Peterborough, Canada

QOTD I'd give anything to have lunch with my mom. Today is the 13th Anniversary of her passing. Still miss her everyday. Everyone tells me I am the spitting image of her so that's a compliment.

crqvingchange
on 6/19/18 7:36 am

Monica, your answer is a testament to your Mom's good parenting, because that made you love her so much. I am sending you a big hug today. It's nice that you look alike because when you see yourself smile, she is smiling back at you.

corriev
on 6/19/18 7:31 am
VSG on 03/06/18

QOTD - No doubt my dad, he was my mentor, coach and most of all best friend, taken way too early. He taught be everything i know today... But know he is in a better place and has no more pain. But anyone else, i would say Houdini so i can tell him to double check his locks before he tries a water escape.

My quest for protein today - but first i must say, my mother in law arrives today ( for 9 weeks) from SA and whats that rule again about no alcohol after WLS .. O dear Lord help me.

B - Protein Shake

S - Skry

L - Salmon and a horse radish/ red beet sauce..( got a t st Jacobs the weekend)

S - slice of cheese

D - Tuna in water and catalina salsa

S - by then ill need a rum and coke and a prozac but think ill have a slice of roast beef instead

MFP says

Cal - 606

carb - 22

prot - 115

fat - 9

corriev
on 6/19/18 7:36 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Ok, Ok... thought i need to come back and fix this - i actually love my MIL very much, and get on very well with her.. I am fortunate to have grown up in her house, and she actually gave me the strap as a kid when i was naughty... Love you Mom..

crqvingchange
on 6/19/18 9:47 am

Corrie, you're forgiven, lol. I'm surprised that you were ever naughty as a child, roflmao.

crqvingchange
on 6/19/18 7:39 am

Corrie that is a wonderful testament of love to your father.

I will pray for you. If my MIL stayed with me for 9 weeks I would end up in jail. My husband and I have a safe word when it's time to leave their house. Usually it's because she starts fighting with my FIL. Hopefully your kids can keep her occupied and you and your DW can have some alone time.

Scary.Airy
on 6/19/18 9:31 am
Hmm, I missed yesterdays menu posting, but have a bit of a green thumb :)
In my back yard, I have an in-ground garden where I am growing sugar snap peas, cucumbers, zuccini and tomatoes. Last year I did pumpkins too, just for fun. I also have a 4x3 waist high planter box with about 4 different kinds of lettuce greens, and 6 different herbs (the mint is alone in it's own planter, that hijacking wee monster!) All the veggies and lettuce I grew from seed this year, got a grow light, and it was so cool to get my own strong seedlings growing. In my front yard, my fave thing ever, I grow peonies!! Sarah Bernhardt, Solange, Karl Rosenfeld, and my fave ever, I have an Itoh Bartzella peony.

Question of the day: I would choose my Dad. I'd like to talk to him and make sure he's comfy and happy in heaven (haha) and hear what he has to say, what he thinks of what we've all done with ourselves since he passed away etc. Get his opinion on things. Get some serious hugs and giggles over stupid things :) He was the best.

Today's Menu: 6 weeks post op:

B. Premere protein vanilla with SF Torani Strawberry syrup

L. Skyr and no sugar added blueberry jam

S. deli meat cream cheese wrap (I will cautiously try... see how the deli meat goes down)

D. Not too sure yet. Struggling with getting menu planning going with hubby on our super-busy-with-the-kids nights.

Bonus: I got myself (and my kids) a stainless steel Planetbox bento box style lunch set. OMG I love it, and it's a pleasure packing a little meal and snacks for myself for my workday. I'd typically ignore packing myself something, or just randomly toss anything into my purse, but this is SO nice! Kids love it too and are eating much better since we got them!

Goddess in training...

Most Active
Recent Topics