What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 6/20/18 3:44 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. Happy Hump Day.

This morning I'm going swimming, then yoga, then to the gym. There may be a nap later, lol.

Question of the Day: The answers from yesterdays questions were very touching. Today if you don't mind sharing, what are some words of wisdom, or just things that were said that made you smile when a loved one said them? My Dad is still very much around and full of P & V. His saying for living a long life is "You have to move every day, even if it hurts, because if you stop moving it will seize up and hurt more". He also says it's not in his nature to behave.

The eats today at 3 years 11 months:

B. Rivers of decaf, I'm trying it black today

S. Iced protein coffee at the gym

L. Smoked salmon and cream cheese rollups

D. Ribeye steak with a small side salad

S. Fit Frappe Protein Mocha Latte

Totals 967, Carbs 35, Fibre 11, Fat 65, Protein 78

Might throw in another snack, but yesterday and today is a small pouch day.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 6/20/18 5:20 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I don't know what we are going to do today. Maybe a few small errands, but nothing planned. I had my ultrasound yesterday and baby has finally flipped!! Just in time lol. Stubborn little thing ;)

QOTD: I can't think of anything specific that someone has said but my grandma always says "just relax". Most of us found this pretty annoying, but I have found myself starting to say it and I try to live it more than just situationally.

Post-op three years and three months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - cheese sandwich

Lunch - leftovers

Snack - egg and pickles

Dinner - chicken and asparagus

Snack - pudding (all the cake is gone)

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 6/20/18 10:01 am

Yay Baby Thor flipped. He is so clever. It must have been the cake, lol.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 6/20/18 11:06 am - Canada

Oh my gosh, I love the thought of it being the cake... Sugar always gets it going. They say to eat something sweeter before ultrasounds to get them moving!!

Ginnny
on 6/20/18 5:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning CC! and the rest of the menu gang. Did my kms at the gym this morning and then some weights....was a good work out. I hope to get out at lunch for another walk - if the rain stays away. Yesterday I forgot my water bottle at home, so I drank mostly diet coke all day. Paid for that through the night with some wicked leg/feet cramps so I didn't sleep well either. I'll be hydrating today!

Again didn't really plan properly just threw some stuff in the lunch bag.

2 yrs 2 mos post op

Gym Fuel - Premier Protein

B - 1 slice multi grain bread, 1 slice cheese, 1 egg, 3 strips of bacon

S - greek yogurt with granola

L - 4 oz chicken breast, sugar snap peas, couple pieces of tomato

S - deli meat and cheese

D - Shepperd's pie

Not logged yet so no totals. Have a great day all.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 6/20/18 10:03 am

Good idea to stay away from the Diet Coke.

You are crushing these workouts. I'm so happy that you have recovered from your fall. I made Shepherds pie for DH. I used my leftover beef brisket, added mushrooms and gravy and then topped it off with mashed sweet potato.

corriev
on 6/20/18 7:45 am, edited 6/20/18 12:47 am
VSG on 03/06/18

QOTD - My dad always used to say, there are winners and losers, and its OK to loose, just as long as you tried your best. and his golden rule to me was "treat other with respect and the way you would want them to treat you, and never judge them cause you haven't walked in there shoes." He also said if you get into a fight with someone, fight as if you know you will win,

"In all things listen to your heart, and be accountable for your actions." Dang i miss the man.

My day today.

B - Protein Shake

S - Skry

L - Tuna in water and a horse radish/ red beet sauce.

S - slice of cheese

D - poached chicken breast with cucumber

S - roast beef slice

On a side note - i tried poached salmon yesterday for lunch - boy was i sick, i had cold sweats and just felt soo bad.. almost too rich for me .. will wait a bit before i do that again.....

Haven't loaded into MFP yet..

crqvingchange
on 6/20/18 10:06 am

I think I love your Dad even though I have never met him.

Maybe the salmon got stuck. I've had it happen with chicken breast if it was on the dry side. I had the foamies for over an hour.

Scary.Airy
on 6/20/18 9:50 am

QOTD: Hm. My Dad never really had a specific saying, but he had beliefs that he expressed in various ways. One of them was that I really could be and do whatever I wanted; there were no limits. Also that as long as I had a plan, a goal, and was prepared to work really hard, I really could obtain or achieve whatever I wanted in life. :) He was an awesome guy.

6 weeks post op:

B: Vanilla Premiere Protein with lemon extract - yum!!

L: Skyr and no sugar added strawberry jam. Attempted deli meat and cream cheese rollup, but it didn't go down nice today.

S: a couple of baby carrots that I chewed to liquid. Gross, but my body was screaming at me that I needed some fresh veggies. Surprisingly they went down very well. Yay!

D: Dunno yet. I am thinking something simple like tuna; I feel tired and lazy today

Goddess in training...

crqvingchange
on 6/20/18 10:10 am

Your Dad also sounds as though he was awesome. You are a goddess in training.

PP Vanilla with lemon extract sounds yummy. Guelph wouldn't let us have raw veg until 3 months post-op. I was screaming for a salad, but I took it easy and only tried it at home, just in case.

Most Active
Recent Topics