go ducks !!!!!

mickeymantle
on 8/31/13 2:03 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

today is the start of the duck season, , I will need to rethink my game time snacks , maybe have a late lunch during the game and have some shrimp

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

tammym
on 9/3/13 9:27 am - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12

I went to the State fair last weekend and saw dozens of duck fans heading that way. At the fair, I ate like any other fairgoer! A little kettle corn, a few bites of an elephant ear, a (childs sized) shave ice, and even half a hotdog! It's funny how I used to hate "waste," but now I savor the flavors and eat what I want, even if 80% of it goes in the trash.  

There was someone at the last support group who eats whatever she wants- but only two bites! I don't have quite that much willpower (or money!), but reactive hypoglycemia forces me to work hard at portion control.

Have fun at the games!

mickeymantle
on 9/7/13 2:35 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

time for an other duck game , time to put the shrimp on the Barbie

mickeymantle
on 9/13/13 3:32 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

making some noodle less  lazzona for the duck game

GO DUCKS

Linda_S
on 9/23/13 3:19 pm - Eugene, OR

Wow MickeyMantle!  You've made great progress!  I'm not a duck fan.  I worked at the UO for 32 years and watched all the money get poured into athletics while the employees (and, therefore, the students) suffered.  Sounds like shrimp is a great choice for your gametime snacks.

S.Rose - if you have reactive hypoglycemia, I'd say you're not making wise choices eating bites of elephant ears, etc.  Carbs, especially refined and sugary carbs will eventually cause you terrible problems.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

mickeymantle
on 9/23/13 3:45 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

most companies treat there workers like crap , but rooting for the ducks show community pride

my son went to the u of O for 4 years and loved it there

even though it is a state college it is still private ,not owned by the state , It would be great if some of the money going into sports would go into getting and keeping better teachers and paying a better wage , we really don't need all the new buildings they build every year , and all the new private dorms are a joke , the private owners should be paying the university a royalty that should go into academics , if they payed the teachers better they wouldd get better teachers and get more of the better students

most workers are under payed in Oregon , it has one of the highest minimum wages but most jobs pay around the minimum

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/14 11:44 am, edited 2/9/14 3:45 am - Albany, OR

UofO and OSU are the 2 highest paid universities in the state with full-time professors having an average salary of around $100K/yr.  For full-time professors at accredited universities, that's not particularly high, but for any position in the state of OR, that's a decent wage.  UofO is not a privately-owned university.  It is a state-owned university.  The athletics department has been privatized, hence seeing Ducks paraphernalia all over the place.  Knight and Kilkenny, the "private owners," have nothing to do with academics.  They own the Ducks as a business venture, not out of their love of or respect for education.  The university itself is a state institution.

mickeymantle
on 10/18/13 3:09 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

time for an other great duck game , got shrimp to put on the bbq  and some veggies to roast .

mickeymantle
on 10/25/13 3:01 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

ready for the great game tomorrow  Ducks vs Ucla < hubby bought me a Lobster   for halftime  

mickeymantle
on 11/2/13 3:35 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

going thru duck withdrawal this week with the bye

Most Active
Recent Topics