OHSU

waor97038
on 10/29/16 9:36 am

I'm looking into having bypass surgery at OHSU and I'm looking for others that have had surgery with there. What were the pros/cons and who was your surgeon?

Linda_S
on 7/27/17 6:56 pm - Eugene, OR

I realize I'm way-late in responding (I don't check in much anymore). Given that the process can often take a long, long time, I'm hoping I can be of help. I had my surgery (RNY) at OHSU. I had Dr. O'Rourke, who is no longer there. I ended up with the very rare side effect of nasidioblastosis (severe hypoglycemia), which is a major bummer, but then again, I just celebrated my 10 year anniversary, and I'm 70 lbs lighter than my original weight. I was 100 lbs overweight, lost 85, and have gained a little back. My weight has been stable for the last 8.5 years. So, all in all, I'm considered a success. They have a great program at OHSU. If he's still there, Dr. Deveney is great. He was going to revise me to a gastric sleeve, but my insurance won't pay for it. I would have helped me eat a bit more normally. I'm doing fine, even living without being able to eat starch or sugar. Good luck!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Most Active
Recent Topics