Revision Pennsylvania BC/BS Lap Band to Sleeve

marlab64
on 4/9/13 6:54 am - Bucks County, PA

Hi All-I recognize some names on the board from the past.  I had band surgery 6 years ago and now am looking into having a revision.  I have BC/BS Personal Choice.

Any one have any information they might be able to offer.  Hopefully, if all goes well, I will be able to revise to the sleeve.  

Thanks!

Marla

Laureen S.
on 4/9/13 10:20 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Marla,

There was a surgeon at Barix, who moved to Lourdes in New Jersey, who does the sleeve, unsure as to whether doctor Marymor does the sleeve, but Barix would be my first choice for many reasons, first being the excellent care provided, the fact that it is not a hospital and therefore no reason to worry about the various contagions of a hospital setting. . .  first I would start with your primary care physician and insurance company to see whether or not they will be on board. . .  the sleeve is becoming a more popular surgery, as it is less malabsorbption involved, as well as less side effects.  We have a gal who has done phenomenally with her sleeve and others are doing equally as well, so check with Barix and see what they offer. . .

Good luck to you as you pursue your goal towards healthy living.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

victoria3
on 4/10/13 10:40 pm - Douglassville, PA

Dr Bonanni at Abington Memorial Hospital

CSerwalt
on 4/19/13 10:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
I'm a revision RNY to DS, have BCBS personal choice PA, surgeon dr.greenbaum in NJ. You may want to research the DS

RNY: 08/04/2009 SW: 310 Aug 2009 LW: 199 Jul 2010                       

DS: 11/28/2012 SW 286 Nov 2012 CW: 169 Mar 2014

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1768 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1864 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2546 views