BCBS can't get approved .. Apparently no one with my plan type can

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/15 10:34 pm

Has this happened to you ?? I can't get over this ... I have a PPO and self insured as in no company or corporate plan ... I heard some private companies do looking now ... I was told it was a Pennsylvania issue

jastypes
on 3/3/15 12:36 am - Croydon, PA

I have not heard of this.  Barix helped me with all my paperwork.  I believe I had NJ BCBS at the time.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

lynnc99
on 3/9/15 9:18 pm

I had Capital Blue Cross (a company plan) and they put up EVERY obstacle possible. My approval took 18 months.  Check the fine print of your policy - is there a specific exclusion for bariatric surgery? If so, there may be no way around it. Have you talked to a BCBS rep? 

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/16 10:34 am

Sorry about the super delay I ended up something unfortunately and now I need a revision have no clue what's going to happen. Apparently after Obamacare was passed in certain states if you privately hold your insurance meaning I I pay for it independently it's not a part of a larger planned there is no bariatric surgery whatsoever no exceptions were at least so I've been told. Just awful! However, as I just mentioned to someone else when the thread I found the guy who said that if your doctor says you're going to die if you don't get it I just got in that happens to be true you just might get by otherwise I guess we've got some legislation to do! Thank you so much sorry for the delay

Stacy E.
on 1/19/16 8:51 am, edited 1/19/16 1:04 am

I have United Healthcare Plus through my husband husband's job....which doesn't cover the surgery btw. So I decided to shop around today. I went on the website and spoken to a rep. Who told me as an individual plan blue cross blue shield does not cover bariatric surgery...At my other job, it was covered through Northeast BCBS...but he told me that's because it was under a "Group" coverage and rates...Now my search still continues....If I can not get any insurance in this state that will cover the surgery I'm going to have to go back to my original plan of having it done in Mexico. Either way I'm tired of waiting for this surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1761 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1857 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2538 views