Anyone going to the info session April1/14

kim_pei
on 3/27/14 4:18 pm - Canada

Hi, Just looking to see if there is anyone going to the info session with Dr.B on April2/14?

Kim

MJ_Charlottetown
on 4/14/14 7:14 am - Canada

hi new to the form how often do they have the info sessions. I have an appointment on 25th with Dr. B ?? Do they have any local support group in PEI ?

kim_pei
on 4/14/14 7:33 am - Canada

Hi MJ...I have no idea how often they do info sessions..I had to work with my own family doctor for a few years before I could get him to refer me to Dr. B.  I got approved by PEI Health on Aug. 20/13 and had my first consult appt. with DrB. Nov. 6/13, had a scope in March and then My info session April 1/14.  From what I understand there is all different time frames some longer some shorter.  There is a group of people who meet for coffee every now and then you will see it in the posts on the PEI forum here.  All the best and I update all my info as I go along.  I don't know very much but ask away! And welcome!

MJ_Charlottetown
on 4/14/14 9:14 am - Canada

it is nice to know the time frame my family doctor ref me 7 yrs ago and I got the letter from Health PEI that they only pay for the VSB or RNY not the Lapband. I was contacted last Thurs for an appointment  with Dr. B for the 25th which I am assuming is the next step to see if I qualify for the procedure. I not sure what is next or if it will go any further than that my BMI I was told was 44.  I know there are lots of reasons for some being shorter wait or a longer wait for sure there are lots of factors.  It is nice to hear for others for sure do you know any men that had the VSB. 

John

kim_pei
on 4/14/14 2:09 pm - Canada

Hi John,

I was told the same thing by health PEI. They told me they only do those procedures because they are more successful and don't have the trained staff /doctors to work with them.  Along with other reasons.  I know of a few men that have had both procedures, some recently, some a few years ago and none have ever said they regret it!  There are more people all the time getting it and even more who are talking about it. If you look under the NewBrunswick forum there are Islanders there too.  And men from NB who chat.  But the recovery is all the same. Feel free to chat anytime!

MJ_Charlottetown
on 4/20/14 8:17 am - Canada

my first appointment got changed to May 28th do any of the people go ti the info sessions do any of you meet I notice one of the post about meeting for coffee do a group of people from PEI get together who either had the surgery or about to have the surgery ?? I got the information book from the Dr. office. on Thursday.

kim_pei
on 4/22/14 1:53 am - Canada

The people I went to my all day info session were all from NB.  Just put up a post on the PEI page requesting to meet I am sure some will.  Hope your Easter went well!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1191 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3775 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3809 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3611 views