Looking for Long-Timers - 2 years + out

better_life_ahead
on 10/3/15 9:28 am, edited 10/3/15 8:03 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

Hi!

I haven't been on here in like forever, but I would like to throw out an invite to my Facebook group!!

I am from Moncton, and have had the Gastric Sleeve Surgery on February 14, 2012. I did well, started at 333 lbs from my highest and went down to 155 lbs. However my body didn't take time at all to bounce back up to 165 lbs. I seemed to have been sticking around that number for a few months, although by that time, it was already past 18 months post op and was really starting to see a huge change in my habits again. By time I hit 2 years Post Op, I found out I was pregnant and my brain shifted a whole different direction. I ended up gaining back almost 70 lbs, because I found I could not control any cravings, no longer had much of restrictions. My baby is now about to turn 1 in just a short couple weeks, and I still wasn't able to find the strength and energy to get back up on the wagon and lose the rest of the weight Iââ?¬â?¢ve gain. Iââ?¬â?¢m an emotional eater and I'm really having a hard time.

I decided to great a Facebook page for people that have been 2 + Years out of WLS and would like to join to either give or get support.

I used to come here often before surgery, and a bit after, but I noticed that most people awhile after surgery, they kind of disappear, including myself! :/

I find most post on here pertains most to Pre-Op and for the first few months or up to maybe a year after.

I personally find it easy to just be on facebook and I've been struggling lots, but I feel out of place posting here as seems not many people are posting about all the struggles a few years after surgery.

The group is secret, so anyone not part of the group wonââ?¬â?¢t be able to find the group or see topics, or even see members of the group, so it's more private.

I want to try to bring in people from the Martimes!! J as I know people do come here in Moncton or even Bathurst for surgery that are from PEI and also NS.

So if you are 2 years + out and would like to join my group, please let me know so we can get this thing started!!

Looking forward to chat with ya'llll!!

Thanks!

jndrake
on 2/9/16 2:01 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Im 2+ years out and would like to join your group. I had VSG in Dec 2013 and was 2 years out Dec 2015.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

better_life_ahead
on 2/11/16 8:59 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

hi, good to hear! :)

i'll be honest, not very much activity going on as not many people in so far! :) here is the link, if you have issues, just send me a message at [email protected] 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/979061828804119/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1182 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3768 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3803 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3604 views