Hi!!! New here!

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/5/14 1:30 pm - Canada

Hi everyone!

I am a 31 year old woman just beginning the process of being referred to the RVH. This whole process REALLY scares me, but at the same time I want to be able to LIVE my life for the first time.

I was wondering if at any point of the intake procedure in Quebec you have to be evaluated by a psych or social worker? I am a bit worried that my history of depression would dequalify me from being approved under medicare?

How is the aftercare follow up in terms of possible complications? I have read so many horror stories of people going to the ER and not being taken seriously, but that's in the US mainly. Also, is there a follow up group with the RVH or would I have to do that privately?

Anyone else in the Montreal area who has gone through it or is anywhere along in the process would be interested in meeting up for coffee or anything? I feel very alone here, and none of my friends can relate to being youngish and almost 300 lbs, how depressed and lonely it can be.

Thanks!

Christine F.
on 2/6/14 7:37 am

Hey there! I am on the early stages too. I had in information session and I have my meet with the surgeon in Mch. I feel alone to. I am33, married with two kids. Where u from?

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/6/14 8:30 am - Canada

Hi! I live in downtown Montreal.

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/6/14 8:36 am - Canada

(St-Henri).

you?

Christine F.
on 2/25/14 10:28 pm

I live in lachine :) 

Barbara_journey
on 2/25/14 10:21 pm - Canada

Why do you feel alone???

matha66
on 2/6/14 7:48 am, edited 2/6/14 8:44 am - Montreal, Canada

Hi, I'm also in the process, awaiting for WLS at RVH, I will be meeting with the surgeon at the end of this month, and I had the group meeting this past December. There is also a WLS support group in Ville St Laurent that you may wish to attend which can also help you along your journey. 

I am still in the process of learning about the various WLS's, therefore I may not be the best at answering your questions. From the meeting that I went to, I found out that you can use their services (nutritionist, psych., and md follow-up) longterm.

Everyone's experience is different, and no one can determine how your outcome will be, but knowledge is power, so take this pre-op opportunity to get as much info as you can.

You are not in this alone, feel free to reach out and ask away on this and any of the other boards 

Christine F.
on 2/6/14 7:53 am

I am also meeting with Olivier Court :) I am looking at getting the VGS so I hope he can answer all my questions. My meeting is March 21 :) 

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/6/14 8:32 am - Canada

I've heard good things about him. When was your ref sent in?

Christine F.
on 2/6/14 8:39 am

I sent it all in July 2013. Got the call the beginning of Jan 2014 for the information session Jan 10, meet with surgeon March 21

Most Active