need some info

MikeN81
on 3/5/14 5:40 am - Canada

Hello All,

Ths is my first time on a site like this. I live in Montreal I am 5'10 and about 340 LBS. My GP sent a referal to the Royal Vic about a month ago to set up a meeting. Still no call back yet..... What are the wait times for a surgery?

matha66
on 3/5/14 6:01 am - Montreal, Canada

Hello, 

Welcome aboard....Usually patients contact RVH bariatric dept and they send you forms to fill out along with your md referal. Once they receive your forms you should get a call within approximately a six month period for an information session. At this information session, you will officially be placed on the waiting list for bariatric surgery which they guarantee you will have within a year of the info session, however most people that I have spoken to have had their surgery more or less within a year of putting in the request for the forms. You can always call to ask if they've received your md's referal and they can e-mail you all the paper work. Good luck

Curves-r-us
on 3/5/14 7:30 am

Hi there,

Matha66 gave you excellent information. It's exactly my timeline so far.

I faxed the initial consult on June 10, 2013; had the group session on November 29, 2013; met with Dr.Court on Feb. 21, 2014. I was offered an appointment 2 weeks earlier but couldn't make it for work reasons. He said the wait will be 3-6 months (sleeve).

i hope this info helps!

MikeN81
on 3/5/14 8:06 am - Canada

Thank you so much for the info. I called.tge RVH today and I have to call back on Monday when the lady who books appointments returns from Vacation. Thank yoy again

MikeN81
on 3/5/14 8:07 am - Canada
justpete
on 3/5/14 8:26 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

it moves along faster than the waiting time suggests!  at least it did for me.  :)  grats on making an great life changing decision!

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

Most Active