Dr. Gagner or Dr. Christou in Montreal?

Shelley H.
on 8/18/14 8:25 am

Looking at  reviews/testimonials for either/or please.  It would be so appreciated.  When? What did you have done? How much? (self pay), pre op, post op, bedside manner? facility? Professionalism?, followup?

Thx

Susan M.
on 9/3/14 3:14 pm, edited 9/3/14 3:14 pm

I had a DS with Dr. Ganger.  It was not private, I do not believe I was a normal case as I went through no hoops other than my tests.

I would say he has a good bed side manner, he's an excellent surgeon, and very professional.  I was informed I would have no follow up with him, and haven't.  I think he likes to keep his business mostly private, and I believe his private patients are much more devoted to him.  From the public side of things I feel he is left wanting.  

If someone were having surgery, I would recommend him without hesitation, if they had all their ducks in a row for before and after care (with other doctors).

Shelley H.
on 9/3/14 10:35 pm

Thanks Susan for your input.   Much appreciated.   I have my family doc supporting me for any post op care.    I have heard many good things about this surgeon.  I have a consult with him tomorrow morning.   Hoping it goes well and we can move forward with setting a date.  

Shelley

Susan M.
on 9/4/14 4:03 am

Happy you're making progress.  Be forewarned I also had a doctor who was prepared to help me through all my follow up care (even had a few other patients with the ds), but he felt out of his depth directly after my surgery. It's still touch and go whenever I have issues.  

Which surgery are you going for?  I suppose my biggest hesitation is with DS aftercare in ontario...

I was very eager and felt very prepared and informed going into the surgery, I thought I had all my ducks in a row and had all of my stuff sorted, but I quickly felt out of my depth even with being very informed.  I'm feeling much better almost 9 months out, but it was a bumpy road.

I'm sure you know all that stuff but I felt I had to say it regardless.  Feel free to message me if you ever want to chat.

gonna_wear_boots
on 10/8/14 6:55 am, edited 10/8/14 7:09 am - QC
gonna_wear_boots
on 10/8/14 7:12 am - QC

Hey Shelly,

I may be a little late to respond on this one but I thought I would anyway.  I had my surgery on June 11th 2013 privately with Dr. Christou.  I highly recommend him.  He is professional, caring and supportive.  His staff are all responsive and timely in every request.  The center where he performs the surgery is beautiful and clean and the staff were amazing their too.  I had my own room and bathroom and felt very taken care of.

I had the Gastric Bypass; which was 19 500 for everything and that includes 6 months of follow ups. :)

Definitely 5 stars for Dr. Christou- I feel he saved my life and I would entrust it to him anytime!

Hope that helps a little :)

Most Active