Recent Posts

Shelley H.
on 8/18/14 8:26 am
Topic: RE: Self Pay recommendations please :)

Thank you for your suggestion!! :)

Shelley H.
on 8/18/14 8:25 am
Topic: Dr. Gagner or Dr. Christou in Montreal?

Looking at  reviews/testimonials for either/or please.  It would be so appreciated.  When? What did you have done? How much? (self pay), pre op, post op, bedside manner? facility? Professionalism?, followup?

Thx

Haggisboy
on 8/17/14 12:56 pm

I believe Dr. Court only operates in the public system. If you're looking to go private, Dr. Christou is highly rated.

http://www.weightlosssurgery.ca/

Curves-r-us
on 8/17/14 8:28 am
Topic: RE: Sleeved!

Thanks for your insight. Makes lots of sense. 

Off To Popeye's I go!

Elsie

Carpe diem 

justpete
on 8/17/14 8:03 am
VSG on 04/02/13

its not a whey isolate and has 30% more calories than an ISO.  then you add a nebulous tsp of peanut butter which makes it much higher calorie (100-200 more depending on your  teaspoon').   probably not a good habit to get into and you are kind of committed once you buy a tub of it.  calories arent a huge deal right out from surgery as you are lucky to get anything in ... so do what you like.  but it's not a good plan for long term.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

Curves-r-us
on 8/17/14 6:40 am

Hi Shelley!

both surgeons you mention both come highly recommended.  I had a sleeve six days ago with Dr. Court and feel great. 

Seeing as how you're in Ontario, though (not sure where), there is Dr. Neville in the Ottawa Civic. She trained under Dr. Court and has an excellent reputation. 

Good luck with your search!

Elsie

Carpe diem 

Curves-r-us
on 8/17/14 6:22 am

Thanks JustPete. I was waiting for you feedback. I appreciate your insight and experience. 

What do you think about a teaspoon of peanut butter in chocolate shake (Body Fortress brand from Walmart)? I make them with water. 

Thanks!

Elsie

Carpe diem 

justpete
on 8/17/14 12:33 am
VSG on 04/02/13

beneprotein is kind of nasty.  you can add it to warm soup and other things and it's passable.  all the ready to drink shakes (premiere protein or muscle milk) are really a bit too thick for early post-op IMO.  Head out to your local Popeye's protein shop and get a tub of a flavored  whey isolate (ISO) and mix that with water or milk.  You can even mix that with 50% or double the protein recommended and its still not as thick as the RTD, much easier to get that down.  The fluids, you just really have to keep on it, set a timer for 5 mins and take a sip or 2 every time. keep a water bottle or shake with you all the time.  it's work, no doubt about that.

grats on your sleeve!

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

Shelley H.
on 8/16/14 10:47 pm
Topic: Self Pay recommendations please :)

Hi there!

New to this forum and I love reading everyones advice, tips etc.  Seriously considering a revision from my band (09) to a sleeve. From Ontario and want to stay in Canada.   Any recommendations out there for self pay?  Been reading lots about a Dr. Michel Gagner and a Dr. Oliver Court?    Reviews about any self pay services, testimonials, post op care, complications and how the over all experience was travelling would be greatly appreciated.

Shelley

Curves-r-us
on 8/15/14 9:33 pm
Topic: Sleeved!

I'm happy to announce I was sleeved earlier this week. Thankfully everything went super well and am feeling pretty good, overall.  I do get tired by early afternoon, but that is to be expected. I had great care from Dr. Court, his fellow, Dr. Toumi and the nursing staff at Lachine Hospital. Nothing but a positive experience! 

I am also proud to report that I have lost 19lbs since my opti which started Aug 2 (I only did 9 days of opti because I was called in after a cancellation).  I lost 9 lbs on opti and 10 since surgery. I'm pretty darned happy with those results!

Question time!  How much water/ fluid did you get in at a week out?  Right now I'm able to get apprx 24oz of water plus protein shake (more on this in next question!) and 1/2 cup broth. Do you find that sufficient?

And protein? I bought the beneprotein but gagged on it every time so have been doing one Premier Protein (costco) in the morning and am only able to get about half in the evening. What do you think about those numbers? Any suggestions welcome. 

Thanks for your input!

Most Active