Constipation...TMI

nikki7805
on 10/10/11 11:09 am
I have totally jinxed myself with my earlier post. I am absolutely miserable since about 3pm today. Had to go and when I tried it was the most painful experience I have ever had. I was not able to go at all. Everything is there, but I don't know if it's too solid or what but there is no going to the bathroom. I had some Milk of Magnesia and also went and got some suposatories and nothing is helping. I know I need to go and really feel like I need to but just can't because of the pain.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is definitely no fun!

HW 307lbs  SW 299lbs Day or Surgery 297.4
Life is a journey that has just been standing still for me.. I'm ready to start LIVING!
Month 1 [-29] Month 2 [-9.5] Month 3 [-14 ]  Month 4 [ ] Month 5 [ ] Month 6 [ ]
Month 7 [ ] Month 8 [ ] Month 9 [ ] Month 10 [ ] Month 11 [ ] One Year! [ ]
Ladytazz
on 10/10/11 11:15 am
You may need to do an enema.   If that doesn't work then there is only one thing left and that is to glove up and, well, I'll let you figure that out.  I have had to do it and it is very unpleasant.
To help in the future buy some Miralax and take that daily.  It is tasteless so you can add it to your shakes or water.  I use it in my Crystal Light.  If it works for you you can ask your doctor for a prescription if your insurance will cover it.  That will save a lot of money.  I pay about $2.50 for 3 big bottles.
I also take 500 mg magnesium oxide twice a day and a lot of fiber, at least 25 grams a day, but that may take a while to get up to.  Also, stool softeners help.  Since I have been doing that I have been going daily like clockwork.
Good luck to you.  I know the misery you are going through.  I hope you feel better soon.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

stellasnyder1
on 10/10/11 11:32 am - Williams, AZ

This is the worst. I had the same problem for a week. Wanted to die (literally). My doc said do one enema after another. He said I could do 10 if needed. Plus double and triple up on the Miralax. Also, said could do as much as I wanted but once I started going it could be a problem for a few days. I agree with the other post. You may need to get it out. (Sorry TMI)

HW 272 / SW 242 / GW 150      
_Donna_
on 10/10/11 11:50 am
For quick relief Dulcolax suppositories are da bomb! (no pun intended). You will be going in 15 minutes

To prevent future discomfort, Miralax or Benefiber every day.

RNY 5-5-2011

macjuicy
on 10/10/11 11:52 am - FL
I started taking pro Biotics and Fiber tabs has helped me so much

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

mickeypal
on 10/10/11 12:10 pm - Tell City, IN
I take a stool softener twice a day.  I never had hemorrhoids before surgery, but do now.
Surgery 3/1/2011

poet_kelly
on 10/10/11 12:19 pm - OH
A suppository didn't help?  Sounds like it's time for an enema.  I'm sorry.

To prevent this from happening again, you might want to start doing a daily dose of Mirilax.  That, and magnesium oxide daily, seem to do the trick for me most of the time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hlacy
on 10/10/11 1:41 pm - Chandler, AZ
I had this problem last week for the first time. I did not bother with the suppositories or enema and just intervened "manually". It was horrible and I hope to never have to do it again.

I have been doing the following since and have had no issues:

Hot glass of decaf tea mixed with 3 spoonsfuls of Benefiber on an empty stomach first thing in the AM
400mg MagOx each time I take my calcium (3x daily)
2 stool softeners at night (I use generic Colace - NOT Peri-Colace)
1 dose Miralax every other night before bed

Things have been smooth moving ever since. 
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

skyteddy
on 10/10/11 3:20 pm
I too had the same problem i never had this problem before the surgery we just came back from holidays in minnipolas we were there for a week the friday we got there i had to go at the hotel it took forever with my feet upagainst the door as leverage finally but what came out was like sludge just like clay and would not even go down the toliet  i hadnt gone in about a week before we left  well i new on the tuesday i had to go again but this one was stuck like it was sideways sorry for the graphics but i literlly had to stick my hand in or fingers whatever still wouldnt come out and it was still verrry sludge but rock hard it took 2 days and boy did it hurt  i started taking fiber pills that i bought in the states and they have calicum and vitiam d also and no problems but i feel for you  when you know you have to go and cant i seem to have a lot of gass also good luck

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 8:42 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
You poor thing--

Also try putting some good fats into your diet;  it's amazing how that helps.

I also eat a 1/2 of a microwaved sweet potato w/lots of butter on it once a week;  it really
does help.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 236 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views