I am happy to say.......

Karleigh B.
on 11/8/11 2:21 am - CA
RNY on 11/01/11 with
   I am happy to say that I am finally feeling pretty normal! I am still a little sore and struggling to get all my stuff in... But i am working on it... I added a scoop or my procel protien powder to my fruit punch crystal light and it is pretty darn good! So i am getting my fluids and protien in at the same time. I am just craving some variety... I have not yet had broth.. Can i have like the broth from a cup of noodle or top ramen if i add protien powder? Or do i need to stick to the low fat canned broth? Also... I can have yogurt right now.. The doc wrote i can have light yogurt... It doesnt have to be sugar free? Can i have any greek yogurt? Hmmmmmm.. Any other ideas for a week post op? High protien would be great! Thanks everyone!
"If we lose, then it was worth fightin for. If we win, we only live to fight again" 
       Cee-Lo Green

poet_kelly
on 11/8/11 2:29 am - OH
Yeah, you can strain any soup you want to get the broth.

there is no such thing as sugar free yogurt because yogurt is made from milk and milk contains sugar in the form of lactose.  You can choose a yogurt that is low in sugar, though, and one that has no added sugar.  Some yogurts have lots of sugar added and some even have high fructose corn syrup.  You don't want those.  I suggest plain Greek yogurt, and then add stuff to it to flavor it.  I like it with a spoonful of sugar free cheesecake flavored pudding mix but you can also use no sugar added jam or sugar free syrups or whatever else you like.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jrmfairbanks
on 11/8/11 8:47 am - NC
I am on protein and liquids. I can have borth but no noodles. I am jealous though, I cannot have pudding or jello. Boo hoo.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 297 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics