NervI ous...

sarasin02
on 2/29/12 10:27 pm

Hello all :) So I am having my EGD tomorrow and it is making me very nervous..What if the medicine doesnt work and I feel it? Does it hurt? Will I gag on it? I know it all sounds pretty small but I have never had anything like this before..Do you feel it? I know Im being ridiculous but I cant help being nervous about it.

Have a great day all

Graciesmama2006
on 2/29/12 10:39 pm - GA
 I had mine 2 weeks ago and it was a breeze. The only discomfort was them starting the IV. Didn't know or remember anything. Woke up in recovery stayed 30 mins and was released home. I didn't have any soreness or side effects. I felt completely fine and ate like normal the rest of the day.

They put a mouth guard in so the tube can go in and I was awake for approx. 30 secs with it in before I don't remember anything after. 

Good luck!!!!
sarasin02
on 2/29/12 10:48 pm
Thnx..I hope mine goes like that..I just cant wait to get it over with..If all goes well it will be the last thing I have to do before getting my date..
poet_kelly
on 2/29/12 10:56 pm - OH
The medicine will work.  If for some strange reason it doesn't, they will give you different medicine.  It shouldn't hurt at all.  I've had two and both times I slept through the whole thing.  Don't remember it at all.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Gizzys
on 3/1/12 12:54 am - Canada
Same with me.  I was scared silly beforehand.  They put the mouth guard in and it's the last thing I remember.  30 minutes later they were waking me up to go home.  I didn't have any pain or soreness afterwards at all.

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

LouLou4
on 3/1/12 1:09 am
You are all so lucky. When I had my gastroscopy last October they didn't give me anything to knock me out/make me unawares, just a bit of numbing spray at the back of my throat

I was awake through the whole and remember everything and whilst it wasn't the most pleasant experience it wasn't traumatising or anything, just a bit uncomfortable

Hopefully they'll give you some nice drugs and everything will go smoothly. Keeping my fingers crossed for you x
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 330 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?