dermatologist prescribed water pill aldactone!!!

MONICASNEWLIFE
on 3/7/12 4:06 am

so i had an appointment with my dermatologist this morning and even after i told him i had the RNY he still prescribed the water pill ALDACTONE.

what im wondering is how is this going to effect me.. am i going to get dehydrated faster...?
im confused about taking it. i told him about my rny and he kind of blew it off..

im going to contact my surgerons office and seek their advice, just wondering if anyone out there is taking water pill for their skin conditions i have roseta,and oily/dry skin.
any advice is welcomed..
thanks

"Caterpillar in my cocoon, I'm gonna be a butterfly soon.
  I'm a little butterfly, I can soar through the sky. So glad I ended up like this, Thanks to metamorphosis".

hw 286 pre op 276 sw 263 cw 214  13lbs lost pre-op slowly but surely!!    
poet_kelly
on 3/7/12 4:11 am - OH
I imagine if you don't drink enough you would get dehydrated.  Did you ask the dermatologist about your concerns?  Calling your surgeon is a good idea, too, of course.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 3/7/12 4:21 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
My dermatologist prescribed spironolactone, which is the same drug, I think, for hair loss. I feared the "flooding" so didn't take it.

Kim2011
on 3/7/12 4:43 am - NC
I take a water pill as needed for a condition I have. I was told on days when I take the pill that I must drink extra water and that I have to have to take a potassium supplement whenever I take the pill.

I would call and ask your surgeron or get a second opinion if you don't feel comfortable taking the medicine. Good luck!

keepitoff91
on 3/7/12 5:19 am
I took it for acne, about 6 weeks or so with no visible results. I was told to NOT eat potassium rich foods for fear of elevated potassium. I was told to drink lots and lots.

My surgeon said it was just fine to take.

I started having all day, uncomfortable heart palpitations, and had to stop taking it. I guess that's a common side effect.

Based on my experience, I wouldnt recommend taking it to my friends.

april89love
on 3/7/12 6:14 am - NC
You need extra magnesium with that one. It didn't help with hair loss. I took it for swollen ankles until my protein level got up to normal.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 240 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics